If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Iqarus provides intelligent and integrated healthcare solutions in complex and demanding operating environments. Our highly-skilled operational teams deliver front line and preventative services to mitigate health risk and help organisations keep their workforces safe, healthy, resilient and productive. By increasing the quality, simplicity and efficiency of health delivery we enhance our clients’ return on investment in health and in many instances, help elevate social and/or humanitarian objectives too. Clients include multinationals and SMEs, governments, non- governmental organisations, supra-nationals, and non-profit organisations.
General Manager - East Africa
The General Manager, East Africa Cluster provides management and operational direction to the Cluster. This role promotes effective communication with physicians, nurses, management, and support staff to ensure the attainment of the Medical Services, Clinic and Cluster business goals. The General Manager, East Africa Cluster will provide monthly, quarterly and annual work reports on the business plan, financial performance and objectives, human resource issues and planning, marketing and sales, competitive forces and other areas as required related to the East Africa Cluster. The General Manager, East Africa Cluster spearheads the business development effort by account managing existing clients and developing the business to new clients.
Qualifications and essential requirements:
- Postgraduate in Business or Management Sciences is essential
- Excellent command of English and French language is essential
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in General Management, Supply Chain Management or Operations Management and/or S&M management
- Strong Business Development experience
- Experience working cross culturally and in developing relationships with stakeholders on a global basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interface with all Clients through regular meetings.
- Ensure that all contracts are delivered according to contractual obligations.
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure that there are no gaps in delivery against our obligations.
- Develop new business as well as identify new business opportunities and work with Sales and Marketing to develop new solutions to grow these opportunities in the market.
- Ensure budget and business plan implementation and performance to these objectives.
- Review, assess and report on monthly financial results including:
- Profit and Loss (revenue, cost of sales, gross profit, general and administrative expenses, EBITDA)
- New Business
- Develop and monitor the budget for all areas of responsibility, in line with company budget requirements and directives.
- Monitor and supervise the general and capital expenditure, cost management, control of general and administrative cost and general assets and advise management towards improved cost control and resource allocation.
- Plan, organize and visit Cluster facilities and remote sites according to scope of responsibility. Support, supervise, advise and offer guidance as applicable. Report to appropriate management / departments on progress, development and issues in relation to such visits. Follow up for each location with appropriate support, documentation or assistance as deemed necessary by visit.
- Ensure that quality systems are in place for all staff to be trained and qualified in the provision of effective and professional support in all scopes of the business.
- Actively participate in the communities in which Iqarus operates to promote the services of Iqarus. As required present at conferences, seminars, client meetings, client orientations and so on to introduce the services of Iqarus.
- Assist in the definition of procedures; liaison with departments, physicians and management to determine specific business needs.
- Ensure that continuing education / in-service opportunities are made possible for all staff, within budgetary constraints and that quality records are maintained to demonstrate all staff attendance at training, education and skills update sessions.
- Ensure all facilities are maintained to an operational standard of excellence, including medical and administrative staffing, all required equipment and patient services.
- Demonstrate an ability to create an atmosphere and conditions that are conducive to and foster motivation of employees to work to optimal efficiency
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Iqarus career website on www.linkedin.com to apply