If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 16 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed home broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G, 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 413 million customers across its operations at the end of March 2018.
Head of Airtel Money
Airtel Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of Head of Airtel Money within the Airtel Money Division. Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent’s role will provide the strategic direction for Airtel money and coordinate the achievement of set budgetary targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the vision and mission for the strategic direction of Airtel money in the operating country (Opco).
- Consolidate strategic input from Central and Opco teams and decide the direction for the Opco.
- Report performance against the strategic plan to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assign and align roles and responsibilities of the Airtel money team to achieve the strategic plan.
- Influence and align all stakeholders of the strategic plan to accomplish set goals
- Manage the Airtel money budget to ensure achievement of the strategic plan.
- Direct the Airtel money team to accomplish the goals and tactics from the strategic plan.
- Direct actions to optimize costs and maximize revenues.
- Review performance of the Airtel money team members and provide guidance
- Coach and mentor the Airtel money team members to build their skills, knowledge and attitudes
- Identify and provide growth opportunities for the Airtel money team members.
- Provide motivation for the Airtel money team to achieve organizational goals.
Expected key results:
- Achieve the Airtel money strategic plan goals for the operating country
- Coordinate achievement of budgetary targets
- Develop and manage the Airtel money team
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Finance, Business Administration or other related field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- 5 years of experience in senior management; 2 years or more in financial institutions or telecoms industry is required.
Competencies and behavior
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Business acumen and entrepreneurial skills
- Leadership and networking skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and resume to email@example.com. State the name of the vacancy as your subject.