If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are Africa’s leading training and consultancy center since 2003, offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
Learning Advisor Humanitarian Affairs Trainee
We seek to recruit an aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and keen to detail Humanitarian Trainee& Learning advisor to manage all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
- Identify the Humanitarian training needs, plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Coach, train, and mentor Humanitarian Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the Humanitarian team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the Training Manager.
- Co-facilitation of international trainings workshops in Humanitarian and Disaster to our corporate and NGOs clients.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on course design and materials to support any areas that need improvement.
- Review all course curriculums on a regular basis to be prepared to conduct any course assigned on short-notice.
- Preparing proposal and responding to related EOI and RFPs
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Planning and preparing presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Disaster Management, Sociology, Public Health, International Development, or another relevant field,
- Sound knowledge and field experience of humanitarian relief issues and a commitment to humanitarian relief.
- Demonstrable competence in and enthusiasm for practical training methods.
- A sound appreciation of the range of personal and technical issues facing relief workers such as health, International law, quality standard, gender etc.
- Computer literacy in MS Office is essential
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a humanitarian training environment with a focus on Adult Learning.
- Knowledge of GIS is an added advantage.
- 27 years and above
- Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
This is a Trainee position as such, successful candidate will only be provided with a living allowance of KES 30,000 per Month
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs (with 3 referees) email@example.com on or before 22nd June 2018.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Only softcopies should be emailed. The subject line should be clearly marked Humanitarian & Disaster Management Trainee& Learning Advisor.