If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is one of the leading research centres in Africa. The Programme engages in a wide range of research on the main causes of ill health in Africa.The Bioscience department, KWTRP is seeking to appoint a postdoctoral researcher to work in the Next Generation
Assistant Research Officer
- Any interns as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for a laptop computer/desktop.
- Carry out sample preparation for liquid chromatography mass spectrometry based proteomics.
- Execute database searches and interpretation of mass spectrometry proteomics data
- Carry out protein analysis using SDS-PAGE, western blotting, and ELISA.
- Prepare proteomics based SOPs for different sample types in collaboration with the QMS team and record and maintain data and other information, as relevant and appropriate.
- Ensure that all work done complies with the applicable regulations concerning biohazards, Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice and maintain all documentation.
- Coordinate the purchase and inventory of laboratory supplies for the group
- Contribute to the presentation of results to the group and the programme
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in Biochemistry, molecular biology, or biotechnology or equivalent
- Experience in laboratory research
- Detailed knowledge of the procedures relevant to the work
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Must be enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.