If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at more than 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of EGPAF and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
Associate Strategic Information and Evaluation & Health Informatics Officer
Primary Manager: Turkana Project Manager
Technical managers: Snr. SI&E Officer
The person shall support both Strategic Information and Health Informatics in the program. In his/her Strategic Information role, he/she will support establishment and expansion of a robust monitoring and evaluation system for the Timiza90 Project that compliments provision of quality integrated HIV prevention, HIV counselling and testing, TB & HIV care and treatment services within the Ministry of Health, Private and Faith Based Sector health facilities in your sub county(s) of operation.
Scope: The Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer will work to ensure furtherance of the Timiza 90 Project agenda of improving quality of integrated HIV services through continuous quality improvement, data quality assessments, mentorship and capacity building to health care workers at the sub-county and facility level in support of strategic information/M&E activities. He/she will provide oversight to M&E and data management components at the facilities within her region.
- Under the guidance of the Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Advisor, coordinate all Timiza 90 Project M&E activities within his/her region.
- Ensure regular, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
- Enter data into projects databases namely; EKMS, as well updating other data reporting tools as may be deemed necessary.
- Support in entry/import/export of data in/from EKMS, DHIS2 and DATIM
- Support EMR roll-out and implementation in EGPAF Kenya supported facilities.
- Ensure timely upgrade and maintenance of Electronic Medical Records in EGPAF supported sites in the County
- Mentor health care workers on EMR use and data extraction for decision making
- Work closely with the Timiza 90 Project M&E Advisor and project management team to coordinate the strategic information activities in his/her region
- Work very closely with the SCHMT (Sub-County Health Management team and Facility Health Records Information Officers, CASCOs, CTLCs among other members) to ensure timely collection, collation, analysis and transmission of information.
- Provide feedback on data quality issues to health facilities and CHMT to ensure quality data management
- Working closely with the Quality Improvement Program Officer and the M&E Advisor conduct regular data quality assessments and incorporate these into routine program monitoring to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Conduct regular site visits in liaison with the project management team to provide feedback, monitor progress, address challenges, and build capacity of point of care staff to use information for planning and decision making
- Working closely with the M&E Advisor facilitate development of Timiza 90 Project, sub-county and facility work-plans and help track progress towards set goals, targets and other deliverables
- Work closely with the Timiza 90 Project M&E Officer and project management team to plan, organize and execute County experience sharing and feedback meetings and arrange for additional training to fill identified gaps
- Represent the Timiza 90 Project SIEA at stakeholder and Technical Working Group meetings and participate as appropriate
- Ensure the IT infrastructure is enhanced, administered and supported via telephone email and direct contact to provide the tools and resources for information technology to operate safely, efficiently and effectively by;
- Enhancing the Institutional Network and Internet Connectivity
- Enhancing Security for Transactions, Storage, and Back-Ups and integrity of the same
- Enhancing, maintaining and Supporting operational sustenance of Hardware and Software Infrastructure
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors/Diploma in Biostatics, Health Information Management Systems, IT, Health Records and Information or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning and a certificate in M&E related courses
- Familiar with NASCOP HMIS tools, DATIM and other PEPFAR reporting requirements
- Experience in providing on site mentorship to health care workers on HMIS, cohort analysis and other SI related issues
- Experience in providing support to EMR implementation at site level
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysis reports. Experience in use of visual analytics tools is an added advantage
- Experience in providing IT administrative support
- Experience with managing and coordinating teams
- Ability to build and manage strong working relationships among diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Commendable knowledge & skill in monitoring & evaluation activities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.