If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year long educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as lifechanging experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE is looking for an outstanding Operations Manager.
The positions will be based in Narok County, Kenya.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Logistics and planning of all camp operations
- Coordinate all aspects of camp operations- from front of house to back end
- Manage vehicle logistics and assignments by organising drivers, guides and stocking vehicles as needed for Bogani
- Troubleshoot effective and appropriate problem solving approaches
- Organize arrivals, departures, and special occasions within the camp
- Compile, record and resolve maintenance issues
- Work with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure cleanliness at the camp is perfect
- Maintain and order stock supplies ensuring supplies are stocked throughout the camp
- Ensure meal service run smoothly with all necessary items available
- Update and manage daily attendance rotter, off days and leave request for all staff
- Maintain a harmonious atmosphere at the camp
- Manage staff food welfare
- Compile reports and fix any issues that arise under your docket
- Continually motivate staff to promote and enhance guest service
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensure guest requests and challenges are handled quickly and effectively
- Oversee proper documentation of guest issues and concerns
- Organise and manage extracurricular activities for guests in liaison with facilitators
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in the hotel industry, preferably in guest relations at a management level
- Positive and solution oriented team member
- Fluency in Swahili and English, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task coordinate
- Ability to organize and motivate staff members
- Proficiency in excel, word and outlook
- Capability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to think clearly and remain calm under pressure
- Aptitude to resolve problems using good judgment
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent camp data
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects and walk long distances
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world.
WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team!
WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th December 2018.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org