The position is attached to the Programme Director, based in Switzerland.
- Strategic development, adaptation, operational implementation and monitoring of the Kenya country programme, in close cooperation with the Programme Director, based in Switzerland
- Management and leadership of the country organisation in accordance with the standards of Caritas Switzerland which includes highly professional finance and office management, budgeting and donor compliance, supervision and mentoring of programme staff and overall responsibility of human resource management on country level
- Maintainance, strengthening and coordination of networks with donors, national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies/organisations, private sector, civil society and local communities in Kenya
- Mobilization of substantive donor funding to sustain and expand the Caritas Switzerland Kenya country programme
- Building and coordination of strong alliances for the implementation of medium/larger sized projects and promotion of cross-sectoral engagements
- Proposal and report development on behalf of Caritas Switzerland’s Head Office, its back donors and new donors
- Master degree in a relevant field such as project management, economics, international relations, business administration, geography, engineering or related; Min. 5 years experience in a senior management position and strong leadership skills, professional experience in a similar position is a strong asset
- Min. 5 years work experience in international cooperation (for governmental or non-governmental agencies), from which at least 4 years as programme manager or in a leadership position, preferable in an international NGO
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, strong understanding of approaches, developments and trends in development cooperation and humanitarian aid
- Excellent skills and proven track recorde in proposal as well as report writing with excellent command of English language; ability to present complex situations clearly and comprehensibly
- Convincing personality with excellent verbal and written communication to a wide range of national and international actors
- Kenyan nationality
Your place of work will be Nairobi, with frequent travels to project locations.
Starting date: March 2019 or by agreement, for the period of one year (extendable)