If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
Finance Operations Associate
What’s this job all about?
The Finance Operations Associate will be responnsible for timely cash collection and reconcilation from delivery providers and restaurants
- Responsible for timely cash collection from delivery providers and restaurants through calls, emails and face to face meeetings
- Investigates and reviews credit risks involving customers and suppliers
- Provides timely reporting based on the deadlines
- Handles day-to-day activities in communicating with the delivery providers and restaurant with supervision from the senior team
- Prepares and follows up letters of collection
- Regularly reflects the status of credit and collection activities on a daily basis
- Manages escalations and is able to enforce processes in place set for collections
- Fluent English and Swahili
- Min 6 months experience collections / debt recovery and/or accounts receivable roles
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to work analytically within a high pressure problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.