If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Karen Country Club is a family oriented club, founded in 1937 and prides itself in being one of the oldest golf clubs in Kenya. A large part of the 18-hole course was built on the former coffee estate developed by the Danish pioneer Karen Blixen, whose life and times were depicted in the lyrical film `Out of Africa`. Indeed, the shade trees from her coffee plantation still dominate parts of the golf course, eighty years after they were planted.
Fine dining sous chef
Reporting to: Executive Chef
The person should exhibit culinary talent by personally performing tasks whiIe assisting in leading the staff and managing all fine dining related functions and supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality food is produced.
OTHER KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Interacts with diners to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles diner’s problems and com plaints.
- To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Ensure that all relevant banquet set- ups are prepared ahead of guest’s arrival and in adherence with hotel standards.
- Ensure that all fine dining recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe/menu whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that fine dining stock level is within the quantity and quality in relevance to the club’s function/event forecasts.
- Ensure that the department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered to.
- Creative fine dining menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including banquets.
- In liaison with the purchasing and stores departments the Sons chef will ensure that all food products received are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Deputize the Executive chef in staff management and make recommendations regarding succession planning.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Assist in recruiting and selecting of suitable culinary team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/ Degree in Food Production from a reputable culinary institution
- Proficiency in Computer application
- At least 7 years’ experience with 2 years as a Fine Dining Sous Chef in a reputable organization
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good command of English, both written and oral
- Portray good interpersonal and organizational skill.
- Must be presentable and wet) groomed.
Method of Application
Forward your CV and Cover letter with the Subject: "Fine dining sous chef" to email@example.com. Application deadline is on 16th January 2019. Only SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.