The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and the National Treasury are seeking result-oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill the following vacant position as part of the KRA/IFMIS joint initiatives.
Grade: KRA ‘7’
Department: Information, Communication & Technology
Reports to: Director – IFMIS
The job holder will be accountable for:
- The oversight of the management of systems capacity and data center environment.
- The administration and support of the organisation’s computers and related systems.
- The design of new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt systems that exist and integrate new features or improvements to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Understand the varying staff strengths.
- Build capacity of IT staff to meet the variable needs of users, groups and offices.
- Spearhead the development of new projects and technologies.
- Responsible for management of IT staff their evaluation, guidance and discipline.
- Collaborate with software developers and solutions architects in the development of plans for systems tests, and for deployment of production systems, to ensure successful system launch that enhances the quality of the organization operations.
- Advise on the efficient and effective use of system software and operating systems in the commission, to ensure optimal utilisation of the systems.
- Review and validate reports on system software and hardware, to assist in the development of strategies for the enhancement of software and hardware capability, to facilitate ICT quality service delivery across the organization.
- Communicate with various Information Technology teams and business unit management to keep everyone up to date on the status of all activities thus ensuring that the business specifications are met and delivered on time.
- Support the adoption, development and usage of enterprise applications throughout the organization. Maintain a high level of awareness of and enthusiasm for the applications as well as new features and updates as they are launched.
- Responsible for application documentation, workflow and configuration diagrams to ensure business continuity in the organization.
- Help to establish and maintain the strategy for the development, deployment and maintenance of university’s applications environment that will ensure the integrity, security and privacy of the information maintained by the enterprise.
- Develop programme s that perform storage administration to include that of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices for the organisation and maintain the storage security, routing tables, and internet presence.
- Ensure all software is properly licensed and up to date and oversee server and network configuration, maintenance as well as its management.
- Keep up with current and latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet the commission’s system requirements.
- Assist to plan, design, document and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers and software applications that improve the efficiency and productivity of the commission.
- Develop, maintain and monitor procedures for all server backups and ensure they are checked to prevent any data loss from the organisation’s database.
- Manage the entire software and technology-related hardware and software inventory across the organisation and ensure license compliance.
- Make recommendations and specifications for procurement of new equipment and manage the Data Centre infrastructure which include to monitor the physical environment.
- Review all hardware and software procurement and maintenance contracts, ensuring involvement and participation of other team members as appropriate to ensure compliance and ensure that contracts with third parties support the needs of the business.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software engineering or an equivalent from a recognised institution
- Industry standard certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft SQL servers and databases, Oracle database 11g administrator certified associate, Oracle database 11g administrator certified professional or equivalent certifications and MCSE certificates.
- Certification in Strategic Leadership Development Programme.
Level of knowledge applied to the job
- Good knowledge and understanding of information communication technology processing, systems, concepts, methodologies and current trends in ICT including systems administration, Webmaster/Graphic Design, Systems Development, Database Analysis or Network Administration.
- Knowledge of budgeting.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Problem solving skills
- Supervisory skills
Relevant Experience Required
8 years of service , five (5) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.