Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the below positions:
Reporting to the Head of Inland Container Depots, the holder is a representative of Head of Financial Accounting and ensures that the revenue and expenditure transactions and books of accounts are well maintained, correctly done and presented.
- Ensuring timely billing of charges secured as per the tariff and dispatching to respective firms done promptly.
- Ensuring comprehensive collection of funds through effective credit control, safe custody of cash collected and prompt payment of staff allowances.
- Managing the credit control policy by ensuring that regulations and policies are adhered to by monitoring the credit levels and period.
- Ensuring timely attention is given to resolving customer queries and problems to do with their accounts
- Overseeing the day to day financial functions of the ICDs and liaising with Financial and Management Accounting departments on financial issues pertaining to ICDs.
- Ensuring timely attention is given to resolving audit queries.
- Preparing monthly and annual financial performance reports and returns.
- Maintaining books of accounts and ensuring that posting is done regularly and updated in the system.
- Preparing the annual budgets for the Depots and defending the budget at the corporate budget committee.
- Analyzing and responding to the monthly budget overruns and ensuring that corrective measures are instituted on negative variances
- Giving financial advice to the HICDs on effective budget control system and ensuring ICDs budget is maintained within laid down policies and guidelines.
- Be holder of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Be a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized professional body.
- Be a member of Institute of Chartered of Certified Public Accountant (ICPAK) or any other internationally recognized accounting body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years of experience in ensuring revenue and expenditure transactions and books of accounts are well maintained, correctly done and presented with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.