Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
ICRH Kenya is an independent organization established in the year 2000.
We deal with many aspects under the wide umbrella of 'Reproductive Health': Mother and Child Health, Sexual and Gender-based Violence, Sexually Transmitted Infections, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment and care, Adolescent Health, improving Services in resource-poor settings that se...
The Demographer will be involved in preparation, design, implementation, data processing and archiving of PMA work and other projects in ICRHK leading to quality and timely implementation and completion of all activities linked to PMA.
Performance, Monitoring for Action (PMA)
- To support the design, implementation, analysis and dissemination of PMA in Kenya.
- Provide quality assurance on PMA datasets, data quality, tabulation plans and final report contents.
- Provide organizational, logistic and technical support on PMA training, data analysis and dissemination.
- Review and provide feedback on the following documents for compliance with PMA survey standards:
o Questionnaires and Manuals, including the translated versions
o Sample design (in collaboration with the KNBS and JHU team)
o Real time data submissions, query generations, query sharing and their resolution
o Pre-test report
o Tabulation plans
o Datasets and tabulations
o Review of data collection reports
- Contribute to capacity development in PMA surveys as part of sustainability plans.
- Participate in designing IEC materials for the project.
- Generate SOPs for data weight determination and application in data analysis for PMA survey.
- Flag strategic issues in a timely way that need to be addressed at higher management levels.
- Modelling of data to generate projections
- Data triangulation of PMA data with DHIS2 and DHS
- Development of strategic materials from generated data
- Evaluating and validating survey data
- Generation of data analysis, modelling and presentation guidelines
- Engaging and participate in triangulation of data with Track20 to ensure PMA data informs FP indicators.
Research and publications
- Engaging NCPD, KNBS, MOH to generate research questions which address programmatic issues in the country for which data can be generated using PMA.
- Participate in data analysis for purposes of publications for topics identified by PMA team members and at minimum one paper self-initiated per year.
- Support students who may be using PMA data for their thesis/dissertations
New business development
- Participate in new business development activities e.g. proposal writing, pitching for ICRHK etc.
- As requested, work on some other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Demography or its equivalent and at least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Demography, Statistics or Epidemiology.
- 5 years’ experience in implementation of Household surveys (Prior MICS/DHS coordination experience required);
- Strong knowledge in data processing and statistical analyses (e.g. Stata, SPSS or SAS for quantitative data processing analysis). Qualitative data analysis skill will be an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to all counties participating in PMA;
- Ability to work independently and with own initiative;
- A strong publication record in the field of demography/population studies;
- Fluency in English and Swahili required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with County partners.
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis, survey design and implementation.
- Track record of preparing successful research funding proposals.
Application letter and an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts should be submitted electronically by 25th February 2019,1pm addressed to e-mail: email@example.com with the position as the subject of the mail.