If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Mercado Mexican Kitchen & Bar is our growing baby but we are are branching out into different cuisines. Watch this space to stay updated!
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs.
Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts.) If you’re familiar with supply chain procedures and know how to create and translate cost analyses, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Work experience as a Procurement Assistant or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
- Diploma in Procurement & Purchase or relevant field
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send applications to email@example.com