The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
Alternative Dispute Manager
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division:Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Grade: KRA ‘7’
Reports to: Deputy Commissioner – ADR
Supervisee to: Manager, ADR
Location/Work station: Nairobi or Other Regional Office
Number of positions: 1
The job holder will be mandated to effectively manage the implementation of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) initiatives and facilitating in ADR discussions.
- Provide leadership and ensure implementation of strategic initiatives in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) function;
- Work with the revenue department to ensure seamless ADR process.;
- To oversee the Case Review Forums;
- To analyse and review Comprehensive Information Packs on tax disputes referred for ADR;
- Facilitate and moderating ADR discussions;
- Review technical and other reports for CTDR;
- Support and implement the CTDR annual work plans and ensure compliance and implementation;
- Support and Implement the formulation of policies, operational guidelines, targets in order to optimize staff productivity in the Division;
- Cascading of Divisional target and monitoring the same;
- To ensure compliance with Divisional SLA’s;
- Manage an effective feedback mechanism for tracking ADR initiatives;
- Coming up with strategies for stakeholder engagement (both internal and external);
- Assist in the Administration, monitoring and compliance function of the division;
- Facilitate complex tax disputes;
- Establish and maintain Strategic linkages and relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to strengthen tax dispute management and resolution initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BCom), Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Law;
- A Master’s Degree, and/or CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage;
- A member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators will be an added advantage;
- Computer literate;
- Leadership, Management and Governance courses;
- A good understanding of Revenue Statues and International Taxation;
- Specialist in areas such as Transfer Pricing, Base Erosion and Profit Shifting, VAT, Income Tax, Excise Tax, ECCMA etc;
- Exposure to disputes management, resolution and mediation skills.
- 10 years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, 5 of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organization.
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills;
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills;
- Resilient, focused and results oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Method of Application
Go to Login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process. After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration. Log on: After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account. After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’. Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab ‘Overview and Release’.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the Industrial Attachment position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
KRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer