At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Strategic Information Team Lead
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
IntraHealth is seeking a Strategic Information Team Lead for ASAP for Africa. The SI Team Lead will be responsible for leading the implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts for each individual field support activities. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, as well as measure program outcomes and impact. S/he will ensure a robust and adequate MEL data system to enhance the collection, management, and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving results. S/he will need to be able to motivate and track team efforts, while simultaneously working on independent projects, producing above average results. S/he will have the skills necessary to lead writing results, technical briefs, abstracts. This position will report to the Capacity Development Director on a day-to day basis and to the M&L Director in DC for technical oversight.
- Provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation framework for project implementation at the country and project level.
- Coordinate baseline and follow-up assessments of M&E systems and review transition workplans for NGOs and governments.
- Ensure local partner beneficiaries and staff/consultants successfully report in a timely manner in the open-source web-based M&E monitoring system.
- Identify short-term SI technical assistance needs and develop scopes of work for these assignments.
- Assist in developing project quantitative and qualitative indicators and targets, as well as processes and tools to measure them.
- Work with partner organizations to ensure a consistent approach to measurement of indicators.
- Develop and maintain project databases to capture relevant data on key indicators.
- Conduct periodic routine data quality assessments and implement corrective actions to address gaps identified.
- Engage with other program and technical staff in developing input for PEPFAR’s Country Operational Plan for each country providing field support.
- Participate in writing regular, timely progress reports of project activities and results for USAID and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate rigorous annual data quality assessments on project indicators and write up and disseminate results.
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results with a global audience using a variety of fora such as publications, conference presentations, technical briefs, research reports, etc.
- Directly supervise and mentor a team of SI professionals and contribute substantially to any research which is undertaken by the project.
- Work with Ministry of Health counterparts to continually build capacity in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research design, implementation, and data use.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Demography or relevant similar from an accredited university/college field with at least 10 years of experience in successfully developing and implementing effective M&E systems or a PhD in a related field and at least 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experienced with PEPFAR and USAID rules and regulations and working on USAID funded project
- Experience working with a range of local government officials and government health facilities
- Experience developing and implementing monitoring portfolios for complex projects across various countries.
- Familiarity and experience in digital health is highly desirable
- Experience in assessing health systems strengthening
- Significant experience preferred in providing field-based technical assistance for SI
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details are required.
- Fluency in oral and written English (4S/4R)
- Must be capable of working both on a team and independently to implement the duties described above.
- Proficiency in multiple languages preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel locally and internationally approximately 20% of the time
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- This position is based in IntraHealth’s office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.