British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Senior Commercial Finance Manager
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager to join our team in Kenya, Nairobi.
The main purpose of the role will be the provision of high quality financial advice and management information to the Marketing Team to facilitate decision making that enables the delivery and achievement of the Marketing strategy and business objectives.
- Build, support and implement the pricing strategy for the markets in the Area, analysing commercial and financial impacts.
- Support and implement the excise strategy for the markets in the Area, analysing commercial and financial impacts
- Manages the commercial finance reporting process as well as the communication with the regional and global team.
- Manages competition information and report to provide on time and high-quality analyses.
- Build and support the financial and commercial analysis for the Area SLA.
- Support the RTM opportunities through relevant analyses and assessments across the Area.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the trade activities across the Area, identifying the right benefit for the business through commercial and financial analyses.
- Assist in the design and implementation of the information systems needed to support marketing management.
- Undertakes pre and post implementation reviews of all major projects, to ascertain whether expected benefits can be/were achieved and establish, and disseminate any lessons learnt / ways of improving project management.
- Drives the education and increase the level of financial/commercial awareness within the Marketing function, in particular the financial implications of marketing decisions.
- Supports Marketing and Distribution management with the development and implementation of practical procedures that ensure a high level of internal control exists both within the department and where appropriate within external parties working on our behalf e.g. suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Relevant Degree with professional qualification (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- Experience dealing with senior and external stakeholders
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, such as SAP
- Broad experience in large global organization with in depth knowledge in specific FMCG process areas
- Strong influencing, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience in strategic analysis & planning and execution, performance metrics, project evaluation and commercial acumen,
- Pro-active, persuasive and creative, will be introducing new rules and changing standards of practice
- Project management skills
Key Success Factors
- Ability to articulate financial concepts in operational/commercial terms to ensure that an entrepreneurial approach is adopted by marketing managers.
- Provide effective management tools and information to enable marketing managers to improve value for money of marketing investment as demonstrated by improved profitability.
- Ensure integration of marketing and financial strategies.
- Implementation and use of financial information and tools in marketing to support business diagnosis, business strategy and business decisions.
- Effective working relationship with Marketing Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on careers.bat.com to apply