GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Social Marketing Manager
The world’s best brands feel more like a friend to their audience than a company. This is because the world’s best brands understand people, and weave that understanding into everything they do. The Social Marketing Manager is a key part of building GitLab’s brand into one that is loved by its audience of developers, IT ops practitioners, and IT leaders.
This role will focus on understanding people who make up the GitLab community, including those who use GitLab (or are potential users), sharing content over social channels that they’ll find useful and valuable, and helping the rest of the marketing department understand the people that make up the markets that GitLab is serving.
- Day-to-day publishing and reporting
- Grow social media following and engagement
- Generate and edit social content
- Design and execute social media strategy and campaigns across channels
- Support integrated marketing campaigns, events, initiatives
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Own strategic social media planning in support of product launches, company news, crisis communications, and brand campaigns by determining what to publish, when, and where.
- Manage the social calendar and craft social campaigns that will help engage, grow and educate our followers
- Consult with interested team members on their own social strategy, and how they can help position themselves within the GitLab community
- Be the voice of our consumers to our internal teams. Advocate for their needs, represent their feedback, and flag opportunities to do more, and identify potential pitfalls
- Grow GitLab’s social fan base while ensuring the quality of our followers & engagements
- Contribute to quarterly OKRs and initiatives
- 3+ years of experience in a social media-related role
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective uses including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly collaborative. This role will require effective collaboration across multiple teams, organizations, and individuals.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Enterprise software marketing experience
- Proven ability to manage social media channels
- Proven ability to report on channel performance
- Ability to confidently write and engage in the GitLab brand voice and personality in real time
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values
- BONUS: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page .
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidats will submit links to social media profiles they have worked on and 2-3 short form writing samples.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a series of 45 minute interviews with our Manager, Content Marketing, Social Marketing Manager, and Community Advocate
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45-minute interviews with our Senior Director of Corporate Marketing and our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GitLab Inc. career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply