The University of Eldoret is a public University with nine (9) schools namely; Agriculture and Biotechnology; Science; Environmental Studies; Engineering; Natural Resource Management; Education; Business and Management Sciences; Human Resource Development and Economics. It has over 20,000 students,1,500 employees and land measuring 1,057 acres.
Deputy Chief Internal Auditor
- MBA (Accounting/Finance option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- CPA(K) or its equivalent
- At least five (5) years working experience as Internal Audit, three (3) of which must have been as senior management position
- ICPAK Membership or its equivalent
- Computerized Information Systems Audit (CISA)
- Must be computer literate
- Exemplary work performance
- Continuous Management training lasting not less than six (6 weeks)
- Coordinate preparation, approval by the Audit Committee and implementation of annual audit plans.
- Ensure proper interpretation of financial policies for sound auditing practices and control.
- Responsible for coordination of Audit department’s activities, including staff training and development.
- Liaising with external auditors and ensure implementation of their recommendations.
- Developing and updating the Board Internal Audit & Compliance Committee Charter as well as the internal Audit Charter and ensure they are duly approved
- Review effectiveness of the risk management system and strategies, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Review the adequacy of internal policies, procedures and processes to ensure necessary and sufficient internal controls are in place.
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management’s response and implementation.
- Implement the annual audit plan and present a report to the Council Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance with sound internal audit principles, relevant statutes, government policies and best practices.
- Staff management including ensuring target setting, performance evaluation, mentoring, training and development of staff in the department.
Other Operational Responsibilities
- Carry out special assignments including investigations and recommend controls to mitigate risks.
- Designing and coordinating the execution of an annual audit plan in compliance with conventional audit guidelines and best practices.
- Maintain Audit working files to ensure working papers are complete and available audit evidence fully supports audit opinions and recommendations.
- Receive and review external auditor’s reports and management responses thereto including the actions taken to address material issues raised.
- Review the University’s operations on various compliance with the relevant statutes, policies, rules, regulations, administrative government circulars and guidelines.
- Ensure proper preparation of audit reports, presentation of the same to the Audit & Compliance Committee on quarterly basis and implementation of audit recommendations.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions: These are permanent and pensionable positions within the university and carry competitive remuneration package which include among others, basic salary, medical cover, house, transport and leave allowances.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, copy of their original National Identification Card (ID), certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials to the Vice Chancellor.
All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting current (2019) and valid clearances from the following bodies:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
- Commission for University Education (CUE) and
- Current (2019) certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University of Eldoret is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disabilities and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Chairman of Council
University of Eldoret
P.O. Box 1125 – 30100