Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximise their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers - the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below within Diaspora Banking Unit.
Head of Diaspora Banking
Department/ Division: Diaspora Banking
Job Grade: Manager
Reports to: Group General Manager – Diaspora Banking & Remittances
Direct Reportees: Regional Officers, Country Office
JOB PURPOSE / DESCRIPTION
The Head of Diaspora Banking will plan, direct and manage the activities of the country office to accomplish the overall targets and objectives of the particular Equity Bank subsidiary. Responsible for overall planning and performance in all of the following functions within the assigned unit: Business Development, Customer Retention, Credit and Service Quality, personnel management. This role is strategic in nature and will involve developing and growing profitable client relationships.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement effective business development and marketing strategies by anticipating developments, trends and opportunities within diaspora banking business.
- The targets and objectives inlcude but are not limited to profit, growth in loans, referrals for new customer aquisition, quality, and service objectives.
- Strategically drive customer acquisition, loan growth and quality, deposit growth and overall cross-sell (maximize wallet share)
- Provides senior level guidance and support to the staff in their teams and also in the local branches that interact with diaspora customers regarding customer concerns, operational questions, risk management in terms of KYC and other related issues.
- Responsible for building product awareness and educating the team members and partners/agents so they can serve their clients lending and banking needs.
- Drives the team’s product sales and performance and provides strategic direction focused on the continued growth and development of the banks presence and relationships.
- Directly responsible for personnel management of the entire team (head of unit)
- Weekly performance review discussions with head of unit (review all regional units).
- Assisting with complex business development strategies and customer issue resolution by providing advice across the team members and establishing a good escalation process for the customers and staff.
- Building relationships with the Bank’s internal departments and management to allow for successful adoption of bank products that meet the needs of clients. Act as the subject matter expert for all departments and branch inquiries on Diaspora Lending, Banking services and Procedures.
- Conducts frequent spot checks on the team’s customer engagements and pending service requests to ensure good customer service, adherence to bank policies especially in terms of SLA’s, consistency in sales and marketing efforts (Cross selling), successful implementation of new products and services, and to ensure that the team develop and maintain strong professional relationships with customers and bank partners.
- Develop and foster relationships within the diaspora community, building and promoting our brand.
- Providing overall recommendations and feedback to Senior management with regards to Products, Services, Processes and procedures that relate to Diaspora Banking.
- In depth knowledge on gathering and understanding market intelligence so that opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized
- Expert knowledge; exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.Obtains and evaluates general and specific business conditions, and keeps the group business development team advised on such matters to maximise business mining.
- Intimate knowledge of the overall diaspora banking environment across the subsidiaries
Key Critical Competencies
- Solid technology skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Power Point) and banking software applications.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven ability to prioritize and manage workload and to instil a sense of urgency in others as necessary to meet deadlines and goals.
- Excellent customer service, relationship management, and business development skills.
- Sound knowledge of marketing, sales, financial, managerial and leadership principles with broad knowledge of banking operation practices, policies, products and applicable regulations.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making,critical and strategic thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to analyse trends, processes and procedures and develop innovated and effective solutions for improved performance.
- Strong overall business acumen with an ability to understand the direction, priorities, and goals of the department and organization as a whole.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; presents a positive and professional image, effectively collaborates with diverse teams, and is successful at achieving results through the effort of others.
- Flexibility to engage in overnight and regional travel if and when required to do so
- University degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an relationship management role with 1 or more years in a supervisory function.
- Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
- IT literacy
- In-depth knowledge of key operations functions as well as bank policies and procedures
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
Key Deliverables (KPIs):
Key considerations in the KPIs will be country specific based on the different strategies per country. For example, some countries will have more credit customers while others will have more transactional customers. Therefore the weights on the KPIs will differ per country.
- Loans growth and quality
- Customer Acquistion
- Cross-selling / Products per customer
- Customer Satisfaction
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply