NYS GRADE 3
Salary Scale NYS 3: Kshs. 181,900 x 8,100 – 190,000 x 8,200 – 206,400 x 8,200 – 222,800 x 8,300
- House Allowance Kshs. 60,000 p.m.
- Commuter Allowance Kshs. 20,000 p.m.
- Leave allowance Kshs. 10,000 p.a.
Terms of Service
Three year, renewable contract based on performance.
The Director, Enterprise Development reports to the Deputy Director General, Commercialization and Enterprise Development Directorate. This office is responsible for designing and developing suitable youth focused products and programmes to empower the youth and generate revenue for the carrying out of the functions of NYS in enterprise development.
The duties and responsibilities of Director, Enterprise Development will entail:
- Originating of new business activities through engaging existing and new clients.
- Development of customer-centric strategies for NYS’s new and potential clients based on their identified or projected needs.
- Review of reports on competitors offerings to understand each target markets, identify gaps or opportunities and develop strategies to address emerging issues.
- Leading the introduction and rollout of new products / solutions to existing and new clients
- Development and communication of unique value propositions to targeted clients.
- Identification of market niches based on NYS’s competitive advantage
- Undertaking feasibility studies, and develop business plans for potential customers.
- Enhancement of business plans for NYS’s prospective clients.
- Undertaking of business diagnosis to identify gaps and opportunities in governance, strategy and management of the business.
- Supporting businesses to undertake analysis, design and implementation of business solutions to close identified gaps and pursue identified opportunities.
- Supervision of staff of the Enterprise Development and Marketing Department; and
- Any other duty, assigned by the Director General/CEO of the Service
For appointment to this post, the candidate must: –
- Have a minimum of an Upper Second Class Honors Degree in any of the following fields: Business, Finance, Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Business, Finance, Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- At least Ten (10) years’ work experience in Resource Mobilization and partnership development in public service or private sector, five (3) of which must be in a management position.
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body where applicable;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Certified qualification in any of the following; Financial Analyst (CFA), Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA), Public Accountant (CPA (K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA (UK) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate strong abilities on a spectrum of key work performance competencies such as managerial, teamwork, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical, numerical and
organization skills; and
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of Constitution.
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters in a sealed envelope marked with the title of the position being applied for; together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates testimonials, and national identity card/passport.
In addition, applicants are required to attach certified copies of good conduct from the Directorate for Criminal Investigations, tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and a compliance certificate the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 26th November, 2019.
National Youth Service
P. O Box 30397 – 00100, GPO
Sealed hand-delivered applications can be dropped at the Registry – National Youth Service
Headquarters, Ruaraka, Thika Road, Ground Floor. The applicants can also email their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Director.email@example.com with the title of the position being applied for as the subject. Those without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation and details as sought for will NOT be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification. ONLY shortlisted candidates
shall be contacted.
NYS is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Matilda P. Sakwa (Ms.), EBS DIRECTOR GENERAL