British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Government Affairs Manager - New Categories
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Government Affairs Manager – New Categories to join our team in Nairobi.
- Understand business priorities and develop an appropriate engagement strategy and plan for Government Affairs, more specifically PRRPs
- Manage execution of the internal & external strategy and plan
- Ensure compliance with Group policies, positions and standards
- Engage with key stakeholders in the market
- Build the corporate reputation in ECA in particular with business and regulatory stakeholders
- Ability to identify and engage stakeholders and build awareness of the external environment inside the company
- Lead the Regulation and Corporate Affairs agenda within ECA for PRRPs (Potentially Reduced Risk Products)
- Strong business acumen, advising the business to deliver results whilst managing business and reputational risk
- Ability to advocate the Business agenda in a straightforward and compelling way to internal/external stakeholders
- Broad knowledge of the tobacco control issues and deep knowledge of PRRPs
- Ability to understand and shape the external environment
- Credibility and ability to engage and influence senior external stakeholders
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deliver robust local campaigns
- Understanding of business reputational risk and ensure BAT high standards are met at all times.
- Periodic engagement with the Area Leadership team
- Area LEX team
- Area Marketing Team
- Collaboration with colleagues within the local LEX Team and other Cross-functional working with BAT
- External stakeholders operating within government, LEA, NGOs, industry partners, activists, media
- 3rd Party consultants and advisors
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A degree in Economics, Law, Public Policy, Political Science, International Relations
- Working knowledge of public affairs, trade blocs and regulatory processes
- Ability to apply basic project management principles to campaign execution
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a similar role within Government, international institution or FMCG
- Excellent interpersonal and both oral & written communication skills
- Appropriate level of maturity to provide credibility at senior levels externally and internally
View British American Tobacco Salaries
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.