Implemented by World Relief in Haiti, Kenya, Malawi and South Sudan, the USAID funded SCOPE project seeks to use and improve existing private and public health systems, working with health service providers to co-train community health actors and strengthen policies to improve access to services. SCOPE increases demand for services by training mothers and caretakers on preventative health measures and health seeking behavior change. SCOPE provides this training through some of the most trusted voices in the community: religious leaders and neighbors and will improve advocacy efforts at various levels of the Ministry of Health through strong local partners -- churches, religious networks, and Christian Health Associations. These local partners are essential for SCOPE’s collaboration, learning, and long-term sustainability.
The SCOPE Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of all project activities. In that role she or he will be responsible for the successful oversight and management of all in country staffing, operations, execution and reporting of SCOPE. The Project Manager will supervise the Project M&E Officer and Field Supervisors. The Project Manager will have significant collaboration with World Relief Baltimore Office central SCOPE Staff, specifically Chief of Party. She or he will participate in nurturing collaborative relationships with the Ministry of Health, local NGO partners and other project stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operations management:
- With collaboration with SCOPE project management team, outline in country project implementation plan and timeline and Yearly Work Plan.
- Ensure that all country specific targets of projects are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage M&E Officer and team of field supervisors to ensure they are meeting the requirements of their roles. Provide consistent performance management and coaching of reports. Support hiring process of new staff as needed.
- Prioritize a diverse and healthy working environment, exemplify Christian values among your team.
- With a dotted line of responsibility to Project Accountant, ensure that all project operations take place within the allotted annual project budget
- Lead reporting activities through the project cycle - start-up, implementation and close-out.
- Exceptionally well organized and driven by success
- Implementation support:
- Provide consistent field support to project implementation sites. Ensure that teams have the resources they need to work efficiently. Troubleshoot and provide solutions for problems that may arise throughout the project timeline.
- Coordinate team trainings.
- Elevate staff needs or resourcing needs expeditiously to avoid project bottlenecks.
- Provide overall project quality oversight.
- Relationships with local stakeholders:
- As aligned in contract with SCOPE subrecipient, manage relationships and deliverables of Local Health Associations.
- Serve as secondary level project contact to local partners, with direction from Chief of Party and Country Director.
- In all interactions, strengthen local partnerships with other agencies, Ministry of Health and local level staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master's Degree of Science in Nursing or Public Health or Degree in a related field (Nursing, midwifery)
- Minimum of (5) years post training relevant mix of professional work experience on reproductive, maternal new born and child health programming with proven experience implementing facility based maternal and child heath interventions through a health system strengthening approach.
- Must be computer literate and show proficiency in report writing skills.
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USAID strongly preferred.
- Partnership capacity strengthening and partnership relation management experience preferred.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience with human subject protection.
- Experience implementing gender-sensitive programming.
- Exceptionally well organized and driven by success.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Actively contribute to the development of technical proposals, strongly preferred
- Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills
- Decisive and committed
- Ability to contribute to written reports
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, which govern World Relief
- Strong Commitment to Word Relief’s Values
- Analytical thinker with creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- General office setting, 40% field experience, including too fragile environments
- Great lengths of time working on the computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or Skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.