Job Description: Manager, Account Management
Manager, Account Management’s responsibility is to achieve specific business goals that drive market share, volume, and revenue growth across the accounts and geographies assigned to them. Specifically, they are responsible for setting sales strategies for their accounts and for achieving revenue and product/services sales goals. They are expected to lead and manage existing customer relationships while partnering with customers to identify opportunities and needs in order to gain greater share of wallet and build increased revenue momentum. They will partners with internal teams to deliver customized product and services solutions for customers, timely service and comprehensive thought leadership while leveraging Mastercard’s strong brand, technology, operations and digital platforms to deliver bottom line results to customers. They are also responsible for prospecting for new customers and for pipeline management at the account level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for overall customer satisfaction and delight
- Deliver against sales targets for MasterCard products & services and net revenue targets from existing and new business
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting for the defined group accounts
- Identify customer needs and oversee the delivery of integrated solutions that address those needs
- Design overall strategies that drive customized solutions for the business that drive profit, revenue growth, and value creation for both MasterCard and the customer
- Set marketing strategies and sales targets for products/services sold against customers’ business objectives utilizing a strong understanding of issuer business models
- Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process
- Develop and implement sales plans to include business development, advertising, marketing and product management activities with customers, prospects and internal MasterCard contacts to identify new business opportunities and product ideas
- Analyze customers business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis
- Responsible for specific account revenue and P&L management and results
- Initiate high-level interactive business conversations with key decision makers around new or emerging opportunities with focus on bringing new revenue opportunities to Mastercard
- Provide consultative industry and MasterCard insights in alignment with segment specialty.
- Expertise in sales in financial services or in the mobile payments industry, preferably in retail or consumer card business
- Demonstrated expertise in coordinating multiple internal stakeholders to support complex customers
- Deep knowledge of the card / payments industry
- MasterCard and global industry experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of current payments marketplace and emerging trends to anticipate how MasterCard products and solutions can help drive a customer’s business
- Thorough understanding of financial planning including investment and profitability analysis, P&L management related to risk dynamics, and budget and planning experience leveraging business strategy acumen
- Must be able to integrate knowledge across multiple disciplines (e.g., marketing, operations, risk)
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Proven client relationship skills with solid negotiation capabilities and demonstrated influencing skills
- Strong people management skills
- Superior presentation skills & communication skills
- Flexibility for frequent travel across Africa required
- MBA preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.