Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
- Responsible for card revenue growth and optimization spend stimulation activation and Portfolio optimization and management of key revenue lines, customer line management, customer loyalty & strategic partnership to drive spend.
- Product development and innovation to drive new revenue streams and sustainable profitable portfolio
- The role supports Pricing strategy, channel optimization, driving innovation and CX activities to scale growth in transactions, marketing strategies to maximize card usage, balance, Income optimization through upgrades, and maximizing product holding.
- Cx initiative and process re-engineering to drive card relationship stickiness, retention strategy, customer user experience, and engagement.
- Driving innovation and strategic ecosystem partnerships with Retailers, Fintechs, payment processors, Schemes, and mobile operators to drive growth.
Main Accountabilities and approximate time split
Card Portfolio Management (40%)
- Develop and implement Portfolio intervention frameworks including Early Engagement and Continuous Customer Engagement strategies throughout the customer life cycle through data-led and data analysis to harness opportunities for growth.
- Manage product, pricing, and channel strategy for usage-building products
- Enhance customer communication across the customer Lifecycle through the introduction of trigger-based emails and SMS communication. Track customer experience across the value chain
- Institute key product optimization initiatives to drive revenue growth such as system-driven changes to product parameters. Conduct regular portfolio performance analysis across the cardholder base including initiating CLM proposals, tracking P&L variances, identifying revenue and cost opportunities
- Monitor key value drivers for the business (usage rates, channels rates, attrition rates. carding rates)
- Formulate and implement key initiatives to ensure that the value drivers track as per plan ensuring strong revenue performance
- Launch successful ATL & BTL campaigns to drive card spending & loyalty at a portfolio level.
- Drive segmental spend campaigns for various customer segments across the portfolio including dormancy management
- Implement key system enhancements to improve the debit cards authorization strategy
Innovation and Strategic partnerships (40%)
- Drive innovation and initiatives that support opening new opportunities for transactional migration from cash to card through Mobile application propositions, and API integration with third-partner payment application providers.
- Programs with the partnership to enhance the product CVP position debit cards as a preferred payment option from cash.
- Loyalty programs and incentives to create product and transaction stickiness.
- Build strategic partnerships to spur growth with i.e retailers, Schemes, Fintechs, MNOs, etc within the debit card portfolio.
Service Management & Improvement (10%)
- Drive initiatives to identify and address the root causes of debit card complaints
- Drive and implement initiatives to reduce the TAT for complaints
- Support the Head of Card Issuing to ensure that monitoring tools developed are applied and effectiveness of training and other ‘people development’ activities are properly monitored.
- Monitoring of card authorization levels and fraud risk management
- Stock management of all debit card products
Governance, Control, and Risk (10%)
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure compliance with Bank controls, policy, service standards, and procedures as laid down by the bank
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed to the deadline and understood within given timescales.
- All risk events (incidents) or control failures to be escalated, investigated, reported, and fixed at the root cause to prevent reoccurrence
- Successful independent conformance assurance (e.g .RCA, AIA, Regulatory Compliance, PwC)
- Excellent numerical and data analytical skills
- Stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and interpretation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Team working ability
- Presentation skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Customer service & people-oriented skills
Knowledge and Expertise
- Knowledge of card products & services
- 2 years of working knowledge and practical skills in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of card products
- Knowledge of the card industry is an added advantage
- Knowledge of MI tools required for Portfolio interventions
Experience, qualifications, and other requirements specific to the role
- Satisfies the FSA criteria for an approved person, both initially and ongoing
- Proven success rate in negotiation in a corporate environment
- The role holder must have gained first-hand experience with customers & people skills
- The proven ability to excel in a culture of high achievement
- Proven personal experience in achieving outstanding targets
- Proven personal experience in managing customer situations within a complex decision
- Knowledge of the Card industry would be an advantage but not essential
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role.
- There is a need for flexibility and to be able to work to challenging deadlines when they arise