HELB GRADE 5
Reporting to the Manager - ICT Business Applications, Assistant Manager - ICT Business Applications is responsible for business applications strategic planning, innovations, improvement of operational processes, support for critical business strategies by directing and coordinating the development, implementation, and maintenance of innovative solutions for business applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading project teams during development and implementation of ICT Software Projects to ensure implementation of applications that meet user requirements, ensuring timely development and implementation of innovative and effective systems within the Institution to enhance customer service delivery and alignment to Enterprise Risk Management Framework to mitigate directorate risks, hence institutional risks;
- Assisting the formulation, interpretation and application of ICT business applications’ policies, procedures, rules and regulations within the department, ensuring safe custody, access control and uptime of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) which holds over one million (1,000,000) customers with total assets of over Kshs. 93 Billion to ensure sustainability of confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer information and uptime and high availability of all business applications
- as per the Institution Charter to ensure continuous customer service delivery;
- Ensuring the security of all organizational data to ensure availability and reliability of information, maximum productivity of the organization through the right use of business applications to enhance customer service delivery and coordinating systems analysis, design and program specifications for ensuring implementation of applications that satisfy user requirements;
- Ensuring ICT software development standards are followed for maintenance and knowledge transfer to other developers, supervising overall systems documentation for maintenance and knowledge transfer to other developers, development and implementation of security controls in the Institution’s ICT Business Applications, maintenance of implemented business applications; and effective Change Management in business applications to mitigate disruption of systems;
- Driving the department’s Business Continuity Management activities to ensure human and other departmental assets are protected and continuity of operations in the event of disruptions or a disaster, implementation of Quality Management System (ISO) procedures, ensuring continuous end user training on business applications to enhance utilization of implemented business applications and the development and maintenance of the departmental Risk Register; and
- Participating in development of the Department’s Work plan and budget, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Departmental reports, mentoring and coaching staff to enhance performance and hence realize institution’s objectives;
- Participating in the implementation of the performance management system in the Department and evaluating the business applications vis, a vis business requirement;
- Carrying out research on new technologies in the market which can be utilized by the Institution, coordinating data management, data control and data protection and developing reports for management on business applications utility (performance/data/uptake);
- Providing technical assistance to Systems Analysts and Programmers, business cases for disposal, acquisition, development of business applications and coordinating Proof of Concepts and ensuring uptime and high availability of all business applications as per the Institution Charter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Information Technology, Software Engineering, ICT Project Management, Computer Engineering or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or relevant social sciences from a recognized Institution;
- At least one (1) Project Management Certificate such as Prince2, Project Management Professional (PMP), Sure Step or equivalent qualification;
- Membership to any relevant professional body such as Computer Society of Kenya (CSK), Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA);
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in ICT role, three (3) of which should be in a supervisory role.
Detailed job requirements, duties and responsibilities for these positions are accessible online through HELB’s website
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, copy of identity card, detailed Curriculum Vitae, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, daytime contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer on the email contact below not later than 8th January 2021.
Ethics and Integrity
Shortlisted candidates shall be expected to prove their compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by obtaining and presenting the documents during interview clearance/compliance certificate from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Chief Executive Officer & Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O Box 69489-00400
Or Email Address: email@example.com
HELB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.