This is a Medair Global Team position, with up to 12 weeks in the field in a year. Position will be located in Nairobi Kenya or Beirut (or Zahle) Lebanon. The role is open for applicants based in Kenya or Lebanon – a valid work permit is required for any of those destinations.
Support the IT Project Office in designing a strategic overview of all Digital Transformation Projects with specific regard to the behavioural change management aspects. Using strong Change Management Methodologies, in conjunction with the relevant Project Managers, the role will design a roadmap for communications, workshops and training, will design training curriculum, and will roll-out a training program for all of Medair, including delivery of training where appropriate.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff. Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people to people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programs in the strategic design of systems, and delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues are met. Medair’s Global ITS Project Office is a new function, and will be responsible for the co-ordination and reporting of all major IT Projects across Medair globally.
Key Activity Areas
- Create and implement behaviour change management strategies and plans to maximize user adoption of new IT software and minimize overall risk so that Medair’s IT Digital Transformation is achieved.
- Create actionable deliverables for core components of the change management strategy including communications plan, training plan, impact assessment / resistance management plan.
- Provide reporting on uptake of new systems to ensure successful project implementation.
- In conjunction with all IT Project Managers, create a communications plan for all digital projects to ensure that the organisation is updated on all upcoming changes, dates etc.
- Craft strong and attractive internal communications and publish on a regular basis – in French and English.
Systems Training and Development
- Develop and maintain professional training packages across all new digital processes and software incorporating; high quality, customised training materials including version control (in both French and English), full training delivery plans taking account of differentiation and assurance of learning along with policies, procedures and system enhancements, production of learning evaluation assessments and production of Training Needs Analysis.
- Deliver professional uniform training courses to employees incorporating; high quality, professional training interventions in line with training plans and learner requirements, and using empathy and sensitivity to help learners overcome any barriers they may have to learning.
- Provide training advice/support to Project Managers during Project Initiation through to Project Implementation and continuing into Project Review.
- This position requires the ability to propose improvements of systems or processes in the Project Office function.
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). (Arabic is an advantage)
- ADKAR certification and experience is an advantage. Other Change Management methodology acceptable.
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification may be advantageous.
- MS Project or other Project / Portfolio Management Tools. Excel to a reasonable degree.
- Proven ability to take technological concepts and communicate these in a way that people understand. The ability to influence and persuade is required.
- Understanding of, and ability to, move people along a journey to acceptance of new tools and processes.
- Ability to project manage, knowledge in lean management.
- Report writing. Training. Behavioural Change Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and ability to deliver training in both French and English.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills across multiple cultures.