Duties and responsibilities:
The position holder will report the Director Administration and Human Resource and will be required to:
- Head Procurement Section
- Advice the Director Administration and Human Resource on all procurement matters
- Co-ordinate all procurement activities
- Supervise, monitor performance and periodically evaluate the activities of all procurement personnel in the Department
- Institute periodical management inspections every six months to assess utilization and control of supplies
- Initiate and develop procurement policies for the institution in line with various applicable statutory laws
- Develop the organization’s procurement plan and manual
- Review procurement documentations for both local and overseas orders
- Prepare advertisement and procurement notices; analyze tender documents; prepare purchase orders as per approved tender/quotes; and prepare and submit written reports on procurement issues to the Director Administration and Human Resource
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time
For one to be appointed to this grade, one must:
- Have served as Senior Procurement Officer for a period of three (3) years in a reputable organization
- Be in possession of a Masters Degree (Supplies Management Option) or its equivalent
- Be registered by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Have shown merit and ability in his/her job performance
- Have demonstrated high administrative capabilities
Salary and benefits attached to the position:
- Basic salary scale: 89,094-123,790; entry scale 89,094
- Outpatient medical allowance: 2,000
- Leave allowance: 12,000
- House allowance: 45,000
- Commuter allowance: 12,000
- Entertainment allowance: 3,500
- Responsibility allowance: 8,000
- Inpatient medical: The position holder will be entitled to inpatient medical benefits as per the existing inpatient medical scheme to cover him/her, the spouse and four children under the age of 25 years.
Duty station: Head of Planning and Strategy Department will be based at NMK headquarters in Nairobi.
Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract based on performance.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, certified copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of 3 referees (including their telephone contacts and emails). The applications should be addressed to:
National Museums of Kenya,
P.O. Box 40658-00100,
so as to be received not later than 16th April, 2021.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
“NMK is an equal opportunities employer”.