The appointment is on a five (5) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- Be holders of Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or in any other relevant field
- Be holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or finance) and hold a professional qualification either in CIA (K) or CPA (K) or CISA (Certified InformationSystems Auditor) final
- Be of high integrity and be able to supervise staff in the department
- Must have at least 3 years experience at a senior level in a large organization
- Be conversant with the current auditing system in the public sector
- Be registered with ICPAK or any other relevant regulatory body
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incharge of the department.
- Responsible for appraisal, summarization and discussion of Audit findings with relevant departments or sections.
- Responsible for the formulation, co-ordination and implementation of all audit polices in theUniversity.
- Initiating and co-ordinating audit investigations.
- Review and revise existing internal audit control systems.
- Review and present audit reports to the audit governance and Risk Management Committee of Council.
- Develop and implement audit work plans.
- Ensure compliance with National and International audit and accounting standards.
- Responsible for formulation and implementation of departmental strategic plan.
- Responsible for submission of University Budget to University Council and the Government.
- Serve as Secretary to the Audit Governance and Risk Management Committee of the Council.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya and must attach the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA.
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance certificate from CRB.
- Self declaration of wealth from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned. The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
NYAHURURU – KENYA
So as to reach him not later than 19th February, 2021
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons of the female gender, persons living with disabilities and those from minority groups are encouraged to apply