VA/1. (1 Position-Based in Nairobi)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Corporate Services will provide oversight and leadership to composite services and the professional team that supports delivery of MCK mission and strategy.
- Participate in the formulation and development of the MCK’s strategic plan including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of work plans to efficiently deliver support services;
- Promote a high performance culture and lead the development of appropriate structures, policy and programs that attract a continuous supply of quality talent to implement the MCK corporate strategy and business operations;
- Guide and coordinate resource requirements for efficient office services and accommodation, internal and external communications, continuous availability of utilities and logistics while ensuring compliance with legal and other recognized operational standards;
- Develop policies and guidelines outlining health, safety and security of lives and property at MCK facilities and liaise with security agents to install surveillance and security systems for protection against accidents and hazards, theft, fire, vandalism including unauthorized and illegal entry;
- Institute measures to promote ethical practices and a culture of transparency in the procurement and deployment of goods and services;
- Oversee the installation and functioning of effective Management Information System and processes for real-time access, processing and availability of data and information to facilitate decision making at MCK head-office and field service delivery points;
- Implement enterprise risk management policies and business continuity plans to facilitate proactive response to business threats;
- Coordinate regular Senior Management meetings for planning, performance feedback and information sharing;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline and team spirit and effective succession planning;
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders, Management and Board as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Relevant Master’s Degree Preferably Strategic Management or its equivalent
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or other related field.
- Diploma in a related field is an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in Corporate Services, Operations, Human Resource Management with Five (5) years at managerial level.
Skills and competencies
- Business management & strategic planning
- Report writing
- Leadership, people management and mentorship
- Familiarity with MS Office packages, Excel
- Knowledge of Government Performance Contracting Process.
- Ability to drive change and innovation.
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; email@example.com
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification