Tana Water Works Development Agency (TWWWDA) is one of the eight Water Works Agencies created under the Ministry of Water and Sanitation following the enactment of the Water Act (2016). TWWDA covers 31 Subcounties of Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Embu, Tharaka-Nithi and Meru covering an area of 19,169km2 with a population of 4,238,469 (2009 census).The estimated figu...
Read more about this company
This is the entry position for Engineering Assistants. An officer at this level will work under supervision and guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities entail;
- Technical Planning and Design
- Assist in development of concept notes and project proposals;
- Assist in conducting pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for water infrastructure and water project development;
- Assisting in preparation of status reports of water and sanitation infrastructure;
- Assist in the preparation of bill of quantities and tenders;
- Assist in carrying out elementary survey and leveling for Civil Engineering schemes;
- Collecting baseline data for water and sanitation planning;
- Assist in data analysis and production of CAD drawing;
- Assist in Public bidding process for construction projects.
- Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development
- Assist in development and rehabilitation of water and sanitation infrastructure;
- Assist in the implementation of resettlement action plans (RAP);
- Assist in editing technical drawings and other documents;
- Assist in the management and supervision of contractors;
- Assist in preparation of site meetings minutes and progress reports.
- Asset Management, Liaison and Capacity Development
- Assist in Mapping, Developing and maintenance of a database of water and sanitation related assets;
- Assist in provision of necessary documentation for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation of existing water and sanitation infrastructure;
- Assist in capacity development of water services providers and county governments as may be requested;
- Assist in assessing whether water and sanitation infrastructure operate optimally;
- Assist in coordinating acquisition of way leaves, land and crop compensation;
- Assist in maintenance and management of National Water Works within area of jurisdiction;
- Participate in developing project signage and branding.; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: -
- Diploma in Civil or Water Engineering or a related field.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
Key Competencies and skills
- Report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the title on both the envelope and the cover letter. Attach a detailed and up to date curriculum vitae, telephone contacts and three referees together with copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and testimonials.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Sealed envelope can be hand delivered to TWWDA Human Resource Office or sent by a registered mail to the following address:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
TANA WATER WORKS DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
MAJI HOUSE ALONG BADEN POWELL ROAD
P.O BOX 1292 - 10100
so as to reach him not later than 22nd November, 2021 at 5.00PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tana Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.