HAART Kenya is currently recruiting for the position of a Fundraising Officer. The Officer shall coordinate all respective operations and manage the fundraising strategy within our organization that generates funds to drive our mission and ensures HAART’s long long-term organizational sustainability. The professional is supposed to coordinate, together with the director and program management of the organization, the whole process from identifying donor resources to proposal writing and raising funds through cultivating donor relationships based on the organizational values. The Officer will work closely with our internal departments, as well as external clients, donors, and various members of the communityResponsibilities
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Development and implementation of a fundraising strategy in line with HAART’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop and manage a fundraising budget along with budget monitoring.
- Develop and implement clear monitoring indicators of the fundraising strategy, with MEL.
- Develop and maintain a donor database, including initial donor profiling and in-depth analysis.
- Continuous monitoring of external environment undertaking independent research in identifying (alternative) resources that ensure long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Coordination, preparation, monitoring and timely compilation of grant proposals together with Program Management and Director.
- Development and maintenance of a fundraising calendar and support of Communication Officer to develop donor specific communication tactics.
- Develop and implement donor relationship management tools that ensure cultivation of trustful and long term relationships based on HAART Values
- Design and implement fundraising campaigns based on HAART’s values (online as well as in person; in Kenya as well as international)
- Coordinate respective fundraising teams for campaigns and events
- Close collaboration with HAART Poland, internal Communication Officer, Program Management and Finance to support holistic donor engagement from
- Capacity development for HAART staff in proposal development
- Engagement and coordination of fundraising champions (local and abroad)
- Reviewing of policies and suggestions for enhancement, where necessary
Essential criteria & qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in PR, Fundraising, or any related field (preferably a master's degree)
- A proven track record of a minimum of three years successful fundraising in the development sector or similar environment or previous experience in sales or marketing also acceptable
- Knowledge of fundraising environment (and NGO sector), understanding of different processes and techniques
- Experience in monitoring and implementing fundraising strategies and budgets
- Experience in developing, writing and submitting grant applications for projects/organizations
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills – innovative/creative thinker
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, proven ability to build,
- manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive initiatives as well as collaborating with teams
All our staff are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references and salary expectations to [email protected] using “Fundraising officer” as the subject of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates contacted. Visit https://haartkenya.org/opportunities/ for an updated version of the application. No Fee Charged HAART does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).