About the Role
You will contribute to the identification, prioritization, and execution of opportunities core to One Acre Fund's supply chain strategy. You will identify enterprise solutions, develop project plans, structure and lead teams, gain executive team member support, and own project outcomes. Preliminary opportunities include the roll-out of enterprise supply chain management systems, the integration of new technology into our supply chain, implementation of value-adding mechanization in our warehouses, Procurement stores and Point of Sale outlets, identifying lean inventory management best practices, and the creation of tools for enhanced demand and supply planning cadence.
You will report to the Global Supply Chain Director
- Build the vision and roadmap for innovations aligned with each country's program and company-wide objectives.
- Translate One Acre Fund's strategy into impactful, implementable project opportunities to support procurement, warehousing, omnichannel distribution, logistics, and technology. Prioritize and sequence initiatives by balancing impact, ease of implementation, and risk before implementation through a task force.
- Research the most relevant tech solutions for business. Collect and integrate feedback and improvement ideas of executives and end-users. Analyze and optimize the performance of newly adopted tech solutions.
- Consult to set up new warehouse locations and strategies when needed.
- Support country teams with new warehouse and store strategy for setup including layout, workflow, workstations, storage optimization, inventory management, loading docks for inbound/outbound and shipping process, for receiving, storage, and picking/packing process. Use cross-country pilot learnings, pilots and practices.
- Improve productivity of employees within the warehouse and store operation through creative methodologies or solutions.
- Support and own business case development for strategic priority infrastructure and capability investment ask. Develop presentations to communicate the strategy, roadmap, and initiatives to the broader organization.
- Plan and coordinate demonstrations and pilots and document results.
- Develop change management strategy across teams to ensure successful implementation of the project, full adoption and establish success criteria.
- Survey the external marketplace for solutions to help accelerate our strategic vision, generate cost savings, accuracy, and efficiencies, reduce damages and embed an experimentation (test/fail/learn/fail) culture into our business.
- Undertake other ad hoc assignments required by the Global Supply Chain Director.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and investing in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5 years minimum experience in the supply chain, merchandising, finance, sales or customer service
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply/Demand Planning or a related field
- Experience in a Consumer Goods environment
- Experience with SAP ERP or associated systems
- Experience testing new solutions for complicated business problems
- Experience designing, deploying, and optimizing warehouse automation solutions
- Consensus building and collaborative spirit
- Communicate both orally and in writing, technical and non-technical information to all organisational levels.
- Experience leading significant process changes
- Experience managing a large team to results
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
- Possess LSS Green Belt certification and pursue/obtain Black Belt certification
- Possess/pursue certification in contemporary improvement tools
- Travel 30 ~ 50 % in multiple warehouse and store locations when needed.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary by role. We are adapting to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your confirming a start date.
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.