Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality.
As signatories of the International Committee of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should b...
Provide effective and efficient shared business support services by setting up, providing leadership, management and oversight of the running of Logistics function, featured with customer centric and legally compliant for Logistics Shared Service Center based in Nairobi. The Head of Logistics SSC oversees a service delivery team to provide effective and cost-efficient transactional support to all country programs identified in Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and to GSO.
GSO Logistics (Global Support Office located at Ecublens, Switzerland) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Shared Service Center – Logistics, located in Nairobi (Kenya), provides various logistic services to various country programs or GSO of Medair, including, but not limited to, via collaboration with GSO Logistics Team, manage and provide all the activities related to procurement, supply chain management, infrastructure, fleet, equipment & communication means. And via collaboration with GSO Logistics team, SSC develops and executes the policies and processes related to logistics activities in the field.
Key Activity Areas
Shared Services Management
- Provide strong leadership, proactive People Management of Logistic SSC & oversight of the running of SSC.
- Effective performance management of all SSC employees, ensuring assessment, development and performance management against objectives and agreed competencies.
- Implement Medair’s relevant organisational standards, ensuring compliance with legal obligations across the transactional SSC. Ensure that the Logistics SSC runs effectively and efficiently.
- Systematically establish measurement and relevant report on service delivery standards for Logistics SSC.
- Ensure measurement, management and achievement of targeted results of the SSC in terms of efficiency and service delivery to a high standard according to the SLAs agreed with the country programs and other parties.
- Promote and instil customer centric culture & effective partnership working with internal stakeholders.
- Timely assess and address “Unresolved” queries and complaints.
- An active contributing member to Medair Logistics global operation to build up overall Logistics capacities.
- Strive to gain economic savings for Medair and increased service levels from suppliers.
Logistics / Administration
- Ensure cost–effective delivery of SSC transactional logistics support services that effectively support the operations of country programmes identified in the SLAs, including, but not limited to: procurement and facilitation of effective services for conferences, facilities, office management etc.
- Support the GSO Logistics in the implementation of the corporate and divisional logistics strategy.
- Management and reporting of the SSC budget. Accountable for the implementation of the budget plans for the SSC and ensuring cost- effectiveness of the centre.
- Ensure effective co-ordination between the Logistic SSS team, country programme Logistic Managers & observance of specified compliance requirements.
- SuperUser for the ERP system in order to manage the SSC team’s performance in high efficiency level.
- Train field programs or new comers on ERP when necessary to build up overall Medair Logistics capacity.
- Actively solicit feedback from the fields / GSO and provide feedback to optimize relevant policies / procedures related to Logistics functions via collaboration with GSO if necessary.
- Design and drive other ad-hoc projects to improve the overall SSC Logistics performance and quality.
Logistics Emergency response
- Coordinate the emergency kit procurements in order to be fully equipped & deployable all year round.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, preferably with Supply Chain or Business Operations concentration.
- Professionally qualified in Logistics or other service management framework qualification or decent experience of leading SSC and ensuring continuous improvements in transactional, non- strategic operational services.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
Experience and competencies
- Professionally qualified SSC Manager, preferably with 7 years’ experience in a large and / or complex organisation, and the ability to lead, influence and support colleagues in appreciating the importance of effective and efficient shared services support standards, Service Level Agreements , processes, procedures and controls; ability to specify, design and use business operations and performance management mechanisms to achieve control and assurance across a complex and diverse business in a similar organizational setting.
- Operational and management experience in Logistics. Expertise in the translation of thought leadership in SSC design into design of effective SSC from the customers’ perspective.
- Experience of leading the implementation of operational improvements through a SSC and the persistence to achieve change in a challenging environment; Maximising resource utilization.
- A strong commitment to Medair’s purpose, a broad understanding of the work culture in the “Humanitarian aid” sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility and a commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Proven strong experience and knowledge of operational logistics and supply chain, policies and procedures.
- Experience of designing and implementing and monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure a high level of customer service according to the Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.