Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them.
We take our business and our impact very seriously. We know the tobacco industry is a controversial one, and so i...
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
As a member of the HR Team, directly support the HRBP Commercial, EAM supporting in the delivery of the HR strategy with a key focus on building Talent with Winning Capabilities and enabling HR Data accuracy and Integrity through maintenance of accurate & complete data with relevant reports to generate insights for business decision support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
Lead recruitment co-ordination process across East Africa Market
- Drive exemplary candidate experience through coordinating end to end interview process in collaboration with GBS HR & respective functional HRBP’s
- Initiate pre-employment checks, driving test competency, documentation and follow-up to ensure new employee files are updated with integral and relevant start of employment data
- Coordinate HR induction/onboarding programme for all new recruits in liaison with the relevant stakeholders
Lead training administration across East Africa Market
- Plan and deliver training logistics as per training guidelines advised by training facilitator / training manuals
- Measure HR related training effectiveness through keeping appropriate records i.e. attendance sheets for all trainings, training feedback/ evaluation forms and sharing feedback with relevant parties for continuous training programme improvement
- Manage claiming of any rebates from DIT for training and apprenticeship programme
- Coordinate and manage documentation and development progress of interns and Global Graduates as per programme requirements
Support Talent in Driving BAT’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP)/ Employer Branding initiatives
- Organise & participate in all EVP initiatives including career fairs, professional associations engagements, universities engagement and social media drive campaigns as per the annual Talent Engagement Calendar
- Manage EAM HR mailbox queries related to talent processes including recruitment job applications, learning & development, performance management and employer engagement/partnership initiatives
Support with Organization Effectiveness initiatives
- Support driving employee’s completion of “Your Voice Surveys” and implementation of action points post survey in collaboration with HRBP’s
- Partner with Talent to plan and coordinate employee engagement activities
Drive Position & Employment Data Integrity:
- Deliver timely Position & Organisation management within SuccessFactors
- Manage the Joiner/Mover/Leaver process in line with signed off Standard Operating Procedures [SOPs] & agreed Service Level Agreements [SLAs]
- Provide HR teams with relevant local reports & employment information for payroll, talent review purposes.
- Conduct position & employment data integrity audits and trouble shoot system problems to ensure accurate data for management reports
- Deliver accurate headcount reporting in line with guidelines and timelines
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within own processes so as to add value to business controls
- Test and sign-off new system developments and cascade to relevant users.
- Effectively manage the relationship & support in all systems related projects in liaison with Global Business Services HR [GBS HR]
- Conduct training & support to new recruits on Employee Self Service in SuccessFactors
- Act as HR lead on all systems related matters and where relevant liaise with Information Digital Technology teams.
- Drive Regional and Area initiated system projects and ensure teams are aligned to requirements
- Maintain advanced knowledge of systems facilities and usage in order to provide effective user support.
- Identify & close skills gaps in line with job requirements and development discussions with line manager
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree holder in any business field with HR post qualification – candidates from other disciplines with relevant experience are encouraged to apply
- 3 – 5 years of entry/junior-level HR experience within a busy environment
- High analytical with sound IT capabilities; experience working with SAP an advantage
- Learning agility, ability to work with minimal supervision and delivery within tight timelines
- Highly organised, structured in approach, ambitious, courageous and resilient
- Attention to detail, ability to manage pressure and coping with a changing environment
- Project Management skills would be an added advantage