Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Department: Human Resource
Supervises: Farm HR Staff
POSITION SUMMARY & PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
The incumbent’s role is to assist the HR Manager in implementing the Employee Relations framework and working closely with line managers in developing and maintaining a conducive employee relations atmosphere.
The Job holder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for routine day to day HR issues, solving problems in consultation with the HR Manager, HR Assistant & other HODs.
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation, placement and retention of staff.
- Manage & assist departmental heads/Line Managers on planning employee leave.
- Ensure the organisation has complied with all statutory requirement i.e. NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN through the online application.
- Oversee mid-month payroll preparation every 10th of each month and end month payroll every 25th of each month as per company policy.
- Assess all accidents that occur in the farm, follow up with WIBA for compensation and ensure mitigation.
- Proactively upskill and coach line managers’ matters pertaining to Employee Relations.
- Liaise with line managers to ensure consistency of disciplinary procedures in the company.
- Study reported cases of disciplinary action and forward recommendations to the HR Manager for appropriate action.
- Guide line managers on general techniques of behaviour management.
- Support workers welfare issues like Career Development, Employee Wellness, HIV/AIDS awareness programmes.
- Maintaining HR records in an orderly manner for statutory and audit inspections, handling issues relating to compliance on labour matters including Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI).
- Fosters developmental relationship by helping people feel valued and included in coaching and development discussions.
- Oversee the administration staff and staff welfare
- Lead the departmental weekly meetings and send a report to the human resources manager.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
The job holder shall submit to Head office
- Daily labour numbers by 10:00am.
- Mid month payroll by 14th of each month and end month Payroll by 30th of each month
- Daily departmental activities report; send the following day by 10:00am
- Daily attendance/leave records for farm workforce.
- Weekly report of all disciplinary matters, accidents/Injuries, number of workers hired indicating their payroll numbers per department, internal trainings done by Saturday at noon.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
The following qualifications, knowledge and experience are required of an employee in this role.
- A Diploma/ higher diploma / degree in Human Resource Management.
- Must have a 3 to 6 years of experience working in a similar role.
- A member IHRM.
- Candidates with experience working in horticulture industry will have a distinct advantage.
- Must demonstrate hands on experience in agriculture or manufacturing sector.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- A Human Resource Professional.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Programs.
- Possess a high sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Pleasant personality, self-driven and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning, management and reporting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and handle challenges
The following Core competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected of an employee in this role.
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal andexternal clients.
- Initiative and Confidence: Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties.
- Achievement Drive: Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
- Business Acumen: Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behaviour has on the reputation of the company.
- Respect: Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness.
- Leadership & people management: Lead but empower; lead by example; set clear expectations and provide feedback and guidance; hold people accountable. discipline staff as required in accordance with the company policies and the employment laws of Kenya 2007
Ngong Veg Limited is an equal opportunity employer.