The Natural History Unit is the world leader in natural history programming. This includes the outstanding landmark Seven Worlds One Planet, Dynasties and exceptional live events such as The Watches and Blue Planet Live.
We are looking for a Junior Production Manager to work within the Natural History Unit Development team.
The successful applicant will play a key part of the Development team, working closely with the Production Manager and the editorial team to create schedules and budgets across a number of different genres and clients.
The role will include managing elements of the main development budget, assessing financial viability of content ideas, and delivering high quality documents to a range of clients. You will be instrumental in supporting a large production team, helping with the day to day management of the team and resources.
We are looking for someone with a wealth of filming experience both UK and international, across different genres and formats in order to produce accurate budgets. The role will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to increase their knowledge in this area to a high level and gain an understanding of the complexities of budgeting and funding for both third parties and for BBC productions.
- Budgeting - Responsible for assessing the financial viability of content ideas and preparing development production budgets, as well as the day to day forecasting and reporting of the Development team budget.
- Start-up Process - Contributes to the greenlight and approval/start of production processes as projects move through Development, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are aligned.
- Rights Clearance - Accountable for ensuring all necessary rights are budgeted for the complete delivery of the potential production(s), escalating any issues at the earliest stage.
- Asset Management - Responsible for liaising with IT on requirements both in the office and on location, and ensuring that those who are joining, moving or leaving the department are equipped appropriately with the correct IT.
- Debrief - Responsible for collection of feedback from productions, to ensure this knowledge is incorporated into future productions.
- Sustainability - Contributing to, and helping to implement, practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production.
The Ideal Candidate
- Considerable experience of delivering a range of TV productions across a range of output or genres and including natural history, on time and on budget.
- Experience of production budgets, able to create, forecast and manage significant production resource and budgets. Able to interpret an editorial brief, explain commissioning requirements and suggest ideas for maximising the value from productions
- Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with a level of technical understanding to enable the most efficient production of content.
- Able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Experience of monitoring and managing Health & Safety on a production.
- Proven track record of being organised and responsive in fast paced environments