As the User Researcher Specialist , your mission is to contribute meaningfully to the growth of Tala’s Kenya business by ensuring a deep shared understanding of our customers’ daily lives, attitudes, behaviours, and needs. You will generate insights to drive empathy-fueled actions across Tala’s strategic efforts in areas such as current product improvements, experimental new product development, competitive analysis, and financial health.
What You'll Do
- Deep market research on landscape of available financial services, under the supervision of our senior research staff
- Responsible for involved product reviews and teardowns
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of new and exciting products for Tala Kenya by ensuring a deep shared understanding of our customers’ daily lives, attitudes, behaviors, and needs
- Generate insights to drive empathy-fueled action across Tala’s strategic efforts in areas such as experimental new product development, competitive analysis, and financial health
- Implement best practices in human-centered design and mixed research methods
- Design, execute and analyze research to contribute actionable insights to the strategic goals new business, using human-centered design techniques and mixed research methods
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members across Tala through all stages of research to ensure a deep shared understanding of our users and drive empathy-fueled action
- 2+ years in applied user research inside innovative consumer fintech, financial, mobile or digital companies or design research / market research firms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Research, Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology), Marketing, Communications, or a similar field
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience working in design research or market research firmIdeally experience working with international teams
- Familiarity with consumer finance products and services and general fintech landscape in Kenya
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.