The Key Account Manager (KAM) will own the sales process for the four countries in East Africa, namely Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda. The primary objective is to significantly grow the Getinge business through direct involvement in the territory. Major growth forecasted in Kenya 2023-26.
He or she will be responsible for the end-to-end process, from opportunity discovery to installation and will work closely with the distributors in the territory. Getinge currently has five distributors in these countries, responsible for the sales, installation and maintenance of the entire Getinge portfolio, with an initial focus on Infection Control and Surgical Workplaces – ACT portfolio to follow as part of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The KAM will be expected to operate independently as well as in collaboration with the distributors. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Establishing relationships with existing and prospective new Key Opinion Leaders across the portfolios as described above while discovering the potential for Critical Care and other ACT portfolios together with the Getinge Product Specialists.
- Driving new business by ensuring market development through the following:
- Uncovering new opportunities through visits to customer sites, new and existing
- Liaising with head offices/purchasing departments of the main groups to have advance information on new projects, refurbishments
- Gaining intimate knowledge of key groups and the interactions between their facilities in the target countries
- Establishing relationships with professional bodies, leveraging their expertise to present workshops, CPD sessions etc.
- Coordinating Getinge personnel visits to customers to add value to deal negotiations
- Expanding current activities to include outside the main centres – an untapped market
- Understanding and participating in the Kenyan county procurement processes
- Continually assessing current distributors’ capabilities and finding/researching potential new distributors if and when applicable
- Acting as the liaison between the distributors, Getinge customer services and product specialists to ensure smooth and timely order and sales execution
- Early identification and communication of service issues – driving customer satisfaction, ensuring compliance with service protocols and growth of service business for the current installed base.
Qualification (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Resident in Kenya
- Graduate, Bio-Medical Engineer preferred but not essential
- Experienced in managing a team/channel management
- Able and willing to travel extensively within and between the four countries listed above
- Have your own reliable vehicle capable of navigating the roads in the area
- Minimum five years experience in the healthcare/MedTech industry sales arena
- Familiarity with the unique challenges of the market
- Must be able to present products and solve problems (independent thinker) confidently
- Microsoft Office skills should be excellent
- Able to learn clinical aspects of the role