Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that spans the discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and worldwide commercialisation of primary care and speciality care medicines.
We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted ...
ABOUT OUR PRIMARY CARE TEAM
Our Primary Care team is one of a kind. We have an unmatched winning mentality, with a determined drive to be number one. There’s a commitment to what we do that has to be seen to be believed. We know that we cannot fulfil our ambitions alone. We excel by interacting with other departments, markets and sectors to gain knowledge and truly understand emerging market models and mindsets. But it’s not just about having the right knowledge, we have the right attitude to go with it. A growth mindset – always challenging ourselves to be the best, we learn from others as we make our way to the top of the ladder. Action-oriented, we willingly take on many roles and take smart risks to make quick decisions and achieve our aims faster.
What you’ll do?
- The successful candidate will assist in managing all marketing activities of assigned products to support company objectives. Conduct analyses of the market segment, including identification of key growth drivers, opportunities, and risks. May include alternative channel such as (digital, social media, omnichannel). Incorporates results of analysis into product strategy.
- You will work closely with business directors to ensure strategies are being supported. Provide insights into sales force effectiveness and marketing and act as liaison between sales force, sales operations and marketing. You will be responsible for performance and development of team members.
Some areas of focus for this role will include
Implementing marketing strategy according to marketing principles and provision of leadership
- Guide the development and execution of a consolidated marketing strategy, aligned to the global strategy and LEX (launch Excellence) principles, to optimize product performance and create long term competitive advantage for AstraZeneca.
- Guide and support Product Managers in the development and implementation of the product business operational plan, ensuring close collaboration with other departments and mobilization of resources across the business to deliver against the strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with sales team counterparts to ensure alignment of strategy and support for implementation.
- Ensure effective life cycle management.
- Ensure accurate forecasting of all products to ensure in market availability in SSA markets.
- Monitor implementation of all plans and ensure pro-active decision making based on clear customer insight and patient needs.
- Share learnings and best practice from other markets with marketing team and ensure that cross-market commonalities are captured.
- Deliver clear, concise, high quality IBR outputs based on defined input from finance and thorough understanding per product of the marketplace within specified timelines.
- Deliver full year sales and market share through on-going tracking of performance and fast intervention and optimization of opportunities.
Team effectiveness and management
- Appoint, build, lead and maintain a first class effective and cohesive primary care marketing team and provide ongoing leadership and motivation to a diversely representative team of individuals.
- Agree SSA Product Manager roles, performance criteria, objectives and standards of work execution and monitor performance on an ongoing basis. Identify areas requiring development; and offer guidance and support as required.
- Foster the learning and development of direct report with the appropriate level of needs analysis, coaching and support; provide challenging and relevant opportunities for team members to develop their skills and abilities.
- Plan career and succession paths; formulate and action Individual Development Plans aligned to AstraZeneca’s Leadership Capabilities and people development policy.
- Facilitate departmental and interdepartmental participation, interaction, communication, and support.
- Anticipate and/or remove obstacles to team performance. Challenge and inspire team members to deliver marketing excellence and achieve results required to succeed.
Financial budgeting and control
- Entrench a cost-conscious mindset in the department and monitor and ensure that key activities are delivered within budget.
- Work with Product managers and Product Specialists to ensure proper management of resources with the aim of optimizing investment and creating maximum return.
- Consolidate feedback and forecasts from product managers and provide quarterly forecasts on the budget and projected year end spend, re-evaluating the budget in line with priorities, market conditions and a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace.
- Collate monthly feedback report for department on finance, strategy achievement and implementation issues.
Maximized Stakeholder relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal customers and maintain visibility and accessibility, working in close collaboration with them to realize AstraZeneca’s long-term objectives.
- Provide input into the development and co-ordination of an integrated customer relation management approach in close collaboration with other departments.
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to optimize current and future marketing initiatives and gain their support on overall strategy and positioning
- If this sounds appealing, please read on to understand the experience and skills we’re looking for…
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Basic Sciences.
- MBA in Marketing or relevant stream.
- Experience of primary care portfolio.
- At least 2 years’ experience at Management level.
- Exposure to Sub-Saharan Africa markets and understanding the Healthcare environment.
- Experience developing a strategy and executing on that strategy.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate good insight into the Pharma industry.
- Passion for customers.