VA/9 (24 positions-based in Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu and Mombasa)
- Monitoring both print and electronic media on a daily basis identifying issues and trends of concern in the media through content analysis.
- Data collection, analysis and report writing on media coverage of different topical projects based on the code of conduct for the practice of journalism and public interest concerns.
- Undertake individual incidence reports and analysis on media coverage of emerging issues that will serve as advisories for stakeholders based on code of conduct for practice of journalism.
- Establishment of an archive for different projects in the system for all monitored media platforms that will assist in building the resource centre facility.
- Raise issues of breaches of the code of conduct to the attention of the management for action by the complaints commission.
- Prepare and or make presentations before stakeholders on finding of media monitoring reports.
- Formulate the media monitoring programme of the Council and oversee its implementation
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools for the assessment of the performance of Kenyan media
- Generate reliable and timely monitoring reports and data for the Media Resource Centre
- Writing and producing the annual State of the Media Report.
- Possess Diploma in Communication, Journalism or Mass Communication from a recognized College.
- Be computer literate in all Office Packages.
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification