Annual gross salary: Range: Ksh2,880,000/- and Ksh3,600,000/-
Benefits: 22 days annual leave, Medical Insurance (self + spouse and up to 4 children), 10% Employer pension contribution and 25% leave allowance/-
Reports to: Team Leader: AgriFI Kenya Challenge Fund
Restrictions: 6 months’ probation; employment contract from reporting date to 30th June 2023
Expected Travel: National level travel to rural areas will be required
Based within the AgriFI Kenya Challenge Fund programme, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for all M&E deliverables of the project. He/She has to ensure that data collection, quality assurance, analysis and learning activities for the Programme take place timely to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and accountability in the implementation of the programme.
The M&E Manager leads the development of programme related M&E systems, tracking performance indicators, development of data collection tools, data collection, analysis and reporting, drafting of learning papers and thought leadership papers. Independently manages surveys through SHA specific methodologies and tools.
Provides accurate analysis and presentation of information to enhance SHA’s position as a strong development partner. Provides analysis to support the Team Leader and Portfolio Manager roles The M&E Manager will be the line manager of the M&E officers in the programme.
The M&E Manager is responsible for the M&E deliverables of this large project. He/she supports/coaches the M&E Officers in training and advising project staff to ensure the timely implementation of all programme M&E activities. The main tasks are:
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the programme’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan including periodically reviewing the M&E plan to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Support the Senior Portfolio Manager and the Team Leader in supervising assessments to track progress on project indicators and ensure quality of the data by performing verifications and validations.
- Line manages the M&E Officers in his/her tasks
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to oversee the monitoring processes as well as gather feedback from the beneficiaries about the services provided by companies, benefits received etc.
- Analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
- Manage the implementation of a programme Results Based Management System to ensure that data and findings translate into learning that is embedded in the programme, leads to adaptations where necessary and contributes to institutional knowledge.
- Supervise external consultants conducting evaluation studies (baseline, mid-term, and end-line surveys) as applicable.
- Support the organisation and coordination of knowledge sharing internally across programmes as well as overall.
- Lead the review and consolidating of high quality quarterly and annual reports both internal and to the donors.
- Ensure and coordinate processes of collection/documentation of lessons learnt best practices and success stories from both agri-enterprise and farmer level.
- Write/prepare publications and other specific papers based on programmatic learning that can be shared within the wider community.
- Ensure the highest standards of accountability through good communication and information sharing within the programme and through active participation of staff, beneficiary and other stakeholder to all stages of the project.
- Contribute to effective teamwork, coordination and work planning among development facilitators, technical specialists, and administrative staff in support of project objectives
- Contribute to a working environment of mutual trust, respect, and care among all staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Team Leader.
- AgriFI Team (Senior Portfolio Manager, Portfolio Managers, Communications Officer, Accountants, Support functions)
- M & E Coordinator – SHA Kenya
- Head of M&E – HQ
- Head of Programmes
- Head of Finance and Administration
- Imani M & E Team
- Companies engaged by the programme
- Smallholder farmers,
- Government Ministries/ departments,
- Other like-minded organizations and institutions
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation roles in donor funded projects (EU projects preferred) with 3 years in an M&E managerial role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice in Project Cycle Management and MEAL
- Excellent skills in result-based M&E frameworks, indicator tracking, M&E systems development, development of data collection tools, data analysis and report writing
- Practical knowledge and skills of database development/management and statistical analysis
- Practical/ field experience in data collection, analysis & data quality control
- Excellent knowledge of full Windows Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
A first degree in Economics/ agricultural economics/ development studies/ project planning & management/ monitoring & evaluation or other related discipline from a recognized university.
Role Competencies and Values:
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of SHA Kenya
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and sound judgement
- Self-development, initiative-taking, working well with limited supervision, ability to meet deadlines
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others