Requisition ID: req22189
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
Working under the technical guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Manager and reporting indirectly to the Nutrition Data Information Officer, The Nutrition Data Information Assistant will support in all aspect of data quality and reporting in relation to ComPAS and nutrition related information collected at the various nutrition facilities in Hagadera refugee camp.
The NDIA will be responsible for providing data quality training on Commcare, coaching of the nutrition data clerks, mentorship and technical support, including M&E for the nutrition program. Key areas will include, but not limited to data analysis of all the CommCare platforms and ComPAS data, verification and submission of monthly data information to enable inform programming, daily detection of errors or non-compliant data or information sharing.
- Support in the COMPAS and other nutrition data information processes not limited to data entry and reporting and resolving any troubleshooting on nutrition COMPAS CommCare information at Hagadera refugee camp in line with the ECHO technical narrative compliance.
- Train the nutrition data clerks and assistant staff as per the ComPAS protocol and Commcare use.
- Take lead in training and mentoring IRC nutrition staff and other key stakeholders in CommCare, KOBO, CMAM Software and any nutrition statistical Packages for ease of data information platforms.
- Ensure that nutrition program data is updated on Box monthly and work together with the SC-Nurse to update on KPIs for the SC Ward.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Biweekly and monthly submission of CommCare ComPAS reports to the Data Information Officer.
- Participate in program strategic planning and roll-out of new program areas in liaison with key stakeholders and cooperating partners.
- Adhere and uphold IRC code of conduct at respective work area.
Supervision and Leadership
- Directly supervise data nutrition clerks at the ComPAS sites.
- Supervise and work in strict collaboration with the nutrition team in reviewing all the nutrition information data platforms
- Identify training gaps for the incentive staff and beneficiaries within nutrition program and communicate the same to the program manager.
Networking and Coordination
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in food/nutrition activities.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of all the available data collection platforms in respect to ComPAS.
- Coordinate and share appropriate analysis of program progress and work with the M & E to improve on any data collection tools.
- Attend all program implementation meetings.
- MUST Diploma in Health Information Systems/Monitoring and Evaluation option knowledge and experience in nutrition data added advantage
- Possess at least two (2) years’ experiences in implementing nutrition or health related data information related activities in a busy health institution
- S/He must possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative programmed data.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have cognate skills in computer applications.
- MUST possess a high level of integrity and with good interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Previous experience in CommCare or other nutrition data related platforms is an added advantage
- Nutrition dashboards in ComPAS updated and posted regularly to the Nutrition Data Information Officer
- Nutrition Box folder monitoring dashboards updated and posted regularly for reviews
- Communication and reporting materials developed and distributed regularly
- Enhanced nutrition data management system
- Addition nutrition training in CMAM/IMAM/COMPASS and MIYCN is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
- Previous experience in Arid and Semi Arid Lands of Kenya
- Previous experience working in insecure contexts
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Strong background in humanitarian projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications such as; SPSS, KOBO, STATA, EPI Info, ,ENA for SART ,Comcare ,ODK Collect, advanced excel ,word processing, spreadsheet, E- mail, out look
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.