Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The East African Community (EAC) is a regional intergovernmental organisation of 6 Partner States: the Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda, with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist:
The Procurement Specialist will develop and implement a cost effective procurement management system for the EAC-PSSIP, including procurement plans in accordance with the AfDB Rules and Procedures. The duties and functions of the Procurement Specialist will include, but not limited to:
- Set up systems for procurement planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation for the EAC-PSSIP as per required standards;
- Carrying out tendering processes for procurement of goods and services in accordance with the AfDB Rules and Procedures;
- Initiation, preparation and update procurement plans in consultation with the EAC-PSSIP National Core Project Team;
- Advice the project team at all stages of procurement process to ensure that the EAC-PSSIP procurement activities are carried out in accordance with the provision of the grant agreement and the Project Appraisal Report;
- Guidance and coordination of the collection of inputs for preparing terms of reference (TORs), technical specifications, requests for proposals (RFP) and bidding documents;
- Advising the evaluation committee members in the evaluation of the bidding documents and proposals in accordance with the AfDB Rules and Procedures;
- Preparing evaluation reports and recommendations for contract awards, technical evaluation reports and combined evaluation reports, including obtaining the necessary EAC internal clearances and AfDB’s no-objection;
- Coordination and administration of preparation and issuance of General Procurement Notice (GPN), requests for Expressions of Interest, advertisements of bid opportunities, issuing bid documents to the prospective bidders;
- Provide guidance on public bid opening sessions as well as providing clarifications where necessary;
- Ensure publication of award of contract;
- Handle any complaints relating to the procurement process;
- Drafting minutes of contract and preparing contracts for signature;
- Advise on contract administration;
- Development, compilation and maintaining information on material and service costs, suppliers and products;
- Raising of Local Purchase Orders;
- Maintaining and ensuring safe custody of procurement records;
- Attend to procurement queries, disputes and complaints and report on contract awards and progress in accordance with the EAC- PSSIP; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualification and experience
To be qualified for the position, the candidate must meet the minimum required qualifications and experience:
- Must have a Master’s degree, from a recognized University, in either Procurement, Management, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or any other related field;
- Must have professional of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply certification (MCIPS) or other equivalent certification;
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in executing procurement activities at national, regional or international bodies
- Must have served at Senior Procurement/ Management level
- Demonstrable understanding of the public procurement laws;
- Must be computer literate in the use of word processor, spreadsheets and any other applications used in the procurement function;
- At least 5 years proven working experience with Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) funded projects
- Working experience with AfDB funded projects is added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th November, 2022
Candidates who have already applied for this position are required to re-apply.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
All Applications MUST STRICTLY:
- have EAC application form, CV, application letter, ID ;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the job reference number;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- provide referees.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int