We are looking for a driven, creative and independent person to join a high-performing flexible team as Program Associate. The successful candidate will play a critical and exciting role of helping PxD manage programs, and streamline and iterate services and products to maximize impact, cost-effectiveness, and scalability.
We see both the iteration and scalability as exciting differentiators for PxD's work, putting us at the cutting edge of work in the development space on how to achieve sustained impact at massive scale. You will work in a non-hierarchical team and be immersed in a start-up culture. You will have the freedom to try new ideas and will see your work pay off quickly, with a real impact on how much, and how quickly, we can reach more of the world's poorest people and help them to transform their lives.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
Program/project management and coordination
- Work with Program Leadership and other colleagues in scoping, designing and piloting new process improvements and products.
- Interface between our tech, research, and program teams to design and iterate on products, including spending time with frontline staff and farmers in the field to ensure that our products are closely aligned to user needs.
- Responsible for project documentation and implementing successful integration into standard operating procedures.
- Assist in managing partner relations and working with external stakeholders for implementation of programme operations.
Strategy & people management
- Contribute to the development, execution and monitoring of project OKRs and lead a regular and consultative process for the prioritization of project improvements.
- With technology and leadership teams, assign and communicate prioritization of various technology development tasks, identify areas for improvement or streamlining, train/mentor non-technical staff on using and operating products.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff including field associates, technical staff, enumerators, among others.
- Contribute to our internal culture as we grow.
Qualification and experience in the following domains are important
- Entrepreneurial, data-driven, and motivated to build and refine operational and programmatic processes.
- Humble, curious, and user-oriented, with enthusiasm to spend time in the field designing with and for our users.
- Experience in a multi-faceted role, with the ability to balance and prioritize across multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills in English, with attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel to project sites in Kenya.
- Some understanding of PxD’s approach to research and behavioral economics
- Experience with SQL, Stata or R strongly preferred.
Application Deadline of August 31, 2022