Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness.
It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their...
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
COMMENCEMENT DATE: JANUARY, 2022
WORK STATION: NCCK IKUTHA CCCD OFFICE
DURATION: 1 YEAR, RENEWABLE CONTRACT BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Project Cordinator ( PC) will take full leadership of the KITUI CCCD project and oversee the smooth implementation of project activities as per the Multi-annual and Annual plan.The project coordinator will provide support to staff and ensure ensure successful delivery of high impact, high quality and cost-effective program to the project beneficiaries.
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Result Area 1:
In cooperation with the project team, the PC will actively contribute to the designing of the IKUTHA CCCD program:
- Ensure development of CCCD Annual and Quarterly Work plans.
- Ensure development of CCCD Annual plans and budgets, based on the Multi-annual plan;
- Ensure CCCD Annual Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) framework are carried out and updated;
- Provide updates on CCCD project Theory of Change, strategic plan and Multi-annual plan;
Result area 2:
Ensure implementation of specific thematic areas (Education, ECD, Program Sponsorship, Children Groups, Parent Groups, Farmers Groups, SHGs, Youth and Work and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene – WASH):
- Ensure networks and collaborating with other stakeholders in the CCCD thematic areas for learning and sharing of ideas;
- Ensuring maximum impact of the program is achieved on the benefeciaries by providing good supervision for thematic areas initiatives;
- Ensure regular feedback sessions from beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the thematic focus areas;
- Development of Quarterly Work plan for the thematic areas and ensuring planned targets are reached;
- Ensuring successful implementation of activities for the thematic focus areas as per the Annual plan;
- Ensure Participation in regular program reflection sessions with other NCCK staff;
- Documenting best practices and lessons learnt, and applying these in the next planning cycle.
Result areas 3:
- Ensure implementation of CCCD social and economic program:
- Ensure implementation of CCCD social and economic program activities as per the Annual plan;
- Ensure the implementation of the CCCD’s Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) framework;
- Ensuring good balance of activities per Quarter based on the Annual Work plan;
- Conduct regular reflection sessions with staff and community facilitators on progress made and way forward for the program.
- Ensure Coordination with key stakeholders on information sharing and provide updates on project progress and partnership.
- Providing oversight role to ensure quality and cost effective program delivery
Result area 4:
- Ensuring proper financial accountability:
- Ensure timely funds requests for activities for IKUTHA site office;
- Ensure proper accountability for all funds received through the Project office;
- Ensures that the activity funds requests, corresponding supporting documents and finance reports are sent to the Programme Manager and Project Accountant are accurate and made on time;
- Coordinate with the Regional Manager to ensure that CCCD Project Supplier documents and corresponding payments are accurate and are made on time;
Result area 5:
Responsible for supervision of staff and office operations.
- Liaises with Programme Manager to ensure that job descriptions,contracts and appraisals are up-to-date;
- In conjuction project staff identify opportunities for learning and capacity building;
- Holds regular meetings with the CCCD Project staff (and NCCK program staff) as needed.
- Ensures timely submission of the Quarterly and Annual narrative and finance reports (including PMEL database) to Program Manager.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, community development or other relevant field from recognized university
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Community Mobilisation Skills
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Fund raising skills
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Ability to speak the local language
- Mature Committed and Christian
- Ability to multitask and work with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
Relevant Job Experience
- Three to five years experience in community development work, especially in rural areas