Plan International is implementing a global strategy with the aim that 100 Million Girls Learn, Lead, Decide and Thrive. Against this backdrop, we are working to transform how we operate so that we can deliver better outcomes for girls. This includes a range of organisational change projects and an increased focus on ensuring our financial sustainability
As the Programme Manager for the Financial Sustainability Programme (FSP) you will deliver value to Plan International through the development of a range of projects to increase the effectiveness of organisational capability to deliver value at both global and local levels. You will work closely with stakeholders across business, leadership and governance at Plan International to facilitate solutions to complex and strategic problems using a mix of technical expertise, creativity, perseverance and intellectual rigour.
This role will work closely with the FSP Lead to manage delivery of the Financial Sustainability Programme (FSP) deliverables by ensuring the work is planned and sequenced, that implementation is monitored and managed, and that there is effective communication, reporting and governance.
- With prior experience managing/leading a project or programme management of complex initiatives. You will require experience of engaging with stakeholders at senior managerial levels as well as of supervising and guiding others. You will need to be resilient and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Organizational and coordination skills in addition to process improvement and analysis albitites are essential to this role. You will have robust project or programme management skills, including risk and issue identification and mitigation. A confident communicator and interpersonal skills who can manage and effect change efficiently.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Substantial experience of leading a project or programme management of complex initiatives
- Experience of working with stakeholders at senior managerial levels
- Experience of working through influencing outside direct line-management relationships in order to achieve results
- Experience of directing and supervising the work of others
- Logical reasoning - to demonstrate the rationale behind any recommendations.
- Resilience and comfort in working with uncertainty. A positive approach and sense of humour.
- Good organisational and co-ordination skills being able to successfully manage time, plans, other related tasks
- Strong project or programme management skills, including identification and mitigation of risks and issues.
- Strong process analysis and improvement skills
- Able to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources
- Sound analytical and problem solving capability
- Be exceptionally detail oriented and technically minded
- Strong people management skills, including very strong levels of diplomacy and negotiation, and the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Strong research, analysis, evaluation and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills, including representing information visually
- Be able to efficiently communicate, both orally and written
- Time and task management, with professional and organised approach to delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, ability to work in French or Spanish an advantage
- Possesses general understanding in the areas fund allocation and use
- Familiar with risk and financial management concepts
- Organised and structured approach
- Ability to chair, lead project planning and status meetings, ensuring agreement reached with key project resources and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with wide and disparate user base across the organization and at all levels. Experience of being in a programme team and an understanding of key phases of project management.
- Effective decision making in relation to systems and/or processes especially within a changing environment
- Ability to prioritise and adjust work packages to keep assigned projects on track
- Ability to work to work to tight but achievable timelines
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Prince2, PMP, or PQASSO qualifications
- Successful delivery of projects or programmes in a multi-national, multi-lingual organisational environment.
- Exposure to change management, communications and culture frameworks.
- Experience working in an INGO environment, especially internationally