Reports to HEAD COUNTY SUPPORT
Grade NACC 4
Department COORDINATION & SUPPORT
To coordinate the regional implementation of the NACC strategy while providing support to the Regional coordinators, County HIV Coordinators and CACCs in the effective implementation of their stated
roles and mandate through the development and continuous review of systems
- Co-ordinate HIV and AIDS prevention and control activities undertaken by regional and county offices in line with the broad policies laid down by the NACC
- Review work plans/reports from regional offices
- Establish targets for regional coordinators, review their work programmes and monitor their performance
- Liaise with the Technical Advisors, in providing technical oversight, accountability and ensure timely implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all relevant HIV activities at the field level
- Promote team work among the regional coordinators at all levels in the prevention and control of HIV and AIDS in their respective units
- Conduct supervisory field visits to regional offices
- Ensure implementation of HIV and AIDS programmes as per approved plans of regional offices
- Design work and reporting relationships among field staff in the implementation of HIV and AIDS prevention and control programmes
- Provide technical and logistical support to regional staff in all matters related to HIV and AIDS prevention and control in their units
- Master's degree in Health Sciences, Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field from a recognized institution is an added advantage
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Health Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Experience Have served for a minimum of five (5) years in an administrative position in a large and reputable organization;
- Experience in liaisons/ coordination role within an organization shall be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and monitor activity work plans
- Demonstrable skills in project management
- Have a clear understanding of multi-sectoral co-ordination practices;
- Have strong analytical and administrative skills;
- Be computer literate; use of Information Technology and or other related knowledge and systems
- Demonstrable writing skills and developing analytical reports.
- Excellent intellectual and operational leadership in HIV and AIDS control work and ability to enhance interaction with County
- Governments and other levels of AIDS control actors.
- Experience in partnership building and networking
- Evidence of participation in negotiation in the course of work.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- A team player and results oriented
These positions are all on three (3) year contract basis renewable as per the NACC’s regulations. The individuals recruited shall be expected to exhibit high integrity and be team players. If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope to be received by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate against any applicant based on their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advised on the next cause of action. The NACC does NOT charge any payment or fees in this process, either directly or indirectly. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200