Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We are a privately owned, hands on business, operating with over 1500 acres of prime land. We run three different farms to provide climatic diversity. We have invested heavily in dams, boreholes and waterpans to ensure irrigation is a key asset for us.
Reports To: Technical Manager
Supervises: Quality Assurance supervisors, quality controllers, traceability operatives.
POSITION SUMMARY & PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
The incumbent’s role under the general guidance of technical manager and within the limits of the established Farm policies, procedures & regulations, shall ensure products produced meets the necessary quality, processes by monitoring and implementing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure product produced at the pack house is of the quality to meet customer requirements whilst ensuring the factory operation remains efficient and cost effective.
- Audit and review quality records ensuring they are maintained in accordance with company procedures and escalating any problems or inconsistencies found.
- Investigate and report on customer complaints to client’s notifications/rejections, where appropriate, make recommendations of action to prevent a reoccurrence of the problem.
- Maintain summaries of customer complaints and trending on the same monitor the sequence for presentation in weekly production meeting.
- Coordinate and arrange for the packing of shelf life products and ensure QCs keep unto date records.
- Provide support to the Technical manager. I.e. assist in coordination of successful audits (BRC, Global Nurture, Waitrose, select farm, TFS etc., done throughout the year.
- Ensure all staff are trained in order to perform jobs adequately and specifically to ensure quality products are delivered with a minimum of wastage and optimization of stock control.
- Supervises, and coordinates activities of workers engaged in in-load and inspection of incoming materials, in process, and finished products to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications
- Trains workers on the inspection procedure for each new product and maximum and minimum acceptable dimensions.
- Repeats inspection procedure until product meets quality standards and specifications are attained.
- Ensure Quality and Rejection reports are send through to farm and field Management.
- Ensure accurate temperature reports are taken and sent to respective persons. Produce arrival, Packhouse and Finished product temperatures whilst escalating temperatures above limits.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate daily duties to the quality controllers.
- Maintain up to date forms and records, updating on annual basis as well as ensuring the correct version is in use.
- ensure customer specs are available all the timespans communicated to the QCs.
- Act as the link between the management and the quality assurance team.
- Reduction of raw material wastage at pack house to reasonable levels.
- Provide cover in absence of technical manager.
- Promote and maintain ethical and professional standards in line with company staff regulations, ETI and other codes of conducts to enhance worker welfare.
- Health and Safety – Ensure all duties are performed safely and responsibly in consideration to Environmental, Health and Safety Company policies
- Any other duty as may be assigned to you by the management from time to time.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
- Production of properly completed, clear & legible records.
- Proper allocation of duties.
- Compliance to policies, procedures & regulations pertaining to Quality assurance.
- Efficient filing & retrieval of all records.
- Effective communication & good interrelationships between fellow operatives and supervisors.
- Timely & efficient response to all out of tolerances as pertaining to Quality assurance.
- Minimise number of customer quality complaints.
- Reduction of raw material wastage at the pack house to reasonable levels.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
The following qualifications, knowledge and experience are required of an employee in this role.
- A degree holder in food science/horticulture.
- Professional training in Food production and HACCP.
- Food safety and hygiene training.
- 5-8 Years relevant experience
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning, management and reporting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and handle challenges
The following Core competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected of an employee in this role.
Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients.
Initiative and Confidence: Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties.
Achievement Drive: Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
Business Acumen: Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behaviour has on the reputation of the company.
Respect: Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness.
Leadership & people management
Lead but empower; lead by example; set clear expectations and provide feedback and guidance; hold people accountable. discipline staff as required in accordance with the company policies and the employment laws of Kenya 2007