Applicants are required to:
- Have earned PhD degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field of expertise from a recognized university.
- Possess CPS (K), CHRP or relevant professional qualification.
- Be registered as a member of a recognized professional administration or management body.
- Have a minimum of twelve (12) years administrative experience, three (3) of which must be at Deputy Registrar level or equivalent.
- Be computer literate.
In addition, applicants should have outstanding professional competence in administration and management.
The Registrar, Administration shall:
- Report to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Development (APD) and be responsible to him on all human resource and administration matters of the University.
- Be the head of Administration Department and responsible for efficient management of Human Resource and utilization of resources in the Department.
- Facilitate implementation of Human Resources policies in the University.
- Be the Secretary of the University Management Board (UMB) responsible to the Vice Chancellor.
- Advise top management on formulation and evaluation of human resource programmes, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate training and development programmes of staff in the University and ensuring their implementation.
- Provide secretariat services to Standing Committees of Council and UMB Sub-committees.
- Prepare management briefs to the Vice-Chancellor on policy and management matters.
- Coordinate implementation and management of human resource policies in matters related but not limited to recruitment, training, discipline, industrial relations, registries and records, terms and conditions of service, schemes of service and collective bargaining agreements.
- Provide advice to heads of Departments regarding manpower planning, job analysis, design, recruitment and selection of staff.
- Ensure processing of staff engagement/disengagement is done in accordance with the approved policies.
- Coordinate all administration functions in the University related but not limited to performance contracting, ISO, staff performance appraisal and Human Resources Information System.
- Ensure proper health and safety working conditions as provided for in applicable laws.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (APD) from time to time or any other officer authorized by the Vice-Chancellor.
Notes on Application
- Candidates should indicate two references of persons in the field/ profession who may be contacted by the Selection Committee for their recommendations.
- Applicants should state their current designation, salary and other benefits attached to those designations.
- The application letter must bear the reference code as shown in the advertisement.
- Applications should be emailed to:
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P.O. BOX 536
Only the Successful applicants would be required to submit the following:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Application letter together with two (2) copies of each giving full details of age, marital status, academic certificates, transcripts, certified copies of the current payslip, curriculum vitae and professional qualification, experience, current post, salary, and other financial benefits and a copy of a valid certificate of Good Conduct. Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom should be your present or previous employer quoting the reference number on the envelope should be addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
(Administration Planning & Development)
P. O. Box 536 – 20115
So as to reach him not later than 8th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Egerton University is an equal opportunity employer.