The purpose of the Safeguarding Analyst is to lead analytical support and interpretation for partnership-wide safeguarding operations and initiatives. This role is instrumental in the development, continuity and capturing of learnings for continuous improvement in safeguarding measures and plays a key part in influencing areas of organizational strategic capability (pro-active, active and reactive).
The candidate will work with a wide range of stakeholders and will be responsible for conducting analysis ensuring both pro-active and re-active safeguarding capability and delivery to the field. The role also plays a key part in shaping and influencing areas of organizational strategic risk and readiness while also providing an interface between the Safeguarding Global Center office and the wider aid sector safeguarding research and analysis community.
Data analysis and interpretation for safeguarding matters to enable evidence-based decision making, including recommendations to leadership
- Strategic Level: Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify emerging organizational safeguarding needs and solutions within the changing aid landscape.
- Analysis and evidence provided to enhance safeguarding policies and practices and ensure alignment with organizational standards and international best practices.
- Strong data analysis, information management and communication of findings and trends to influence organizational leadership decisions on critical safeguarding issues.
- Technical Level: Provide technical direction and management of metrics and ensure incident data integrity for a variety of safeguarding reports.
- Build Power Bi reports that highlight general and specific safeguarding risk trends across entire WV Partnership, Support Offices, all Field Offices (FO) and FO segments, and package for leadership decision making.
- Technical expertise provided in the development and implementation of analytical processes for Safeguarding functions within WV and across the Partnership to assist with safeguarding risk management.
- Support the globally-distributed incident data dashboard for all child and adult safeguarding incidents, ensuring that key demographic and other meaningful data points are analyzed and packaged for decision making at regular intervals.
Safeguarding information and knowledge management
- Manage the development and implementation of the global safeguarding information procedures. Ensure safeguarding information procedures are in alignment with other risk areas supported by Enterprise Risk Management, particularly vis-à-vis Ethics Point.
- Contribute towards the process of continuous learning on international best practice in safeguarding information management and analysis and identify tools and processes that can be implemented into WV operations globally. Support the creation and implementation of safeguarding knowledge management practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of information analysis (at an operational, tactical and strategic level); risk assessment and safeguarding risk management.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning - Capacity Building
- Lead the production of safeguarding metrics and leverage data from across the organization for continuous improvement and prioritization.
- Support the capacity development of safeguarding for MEAL across the network. Including the creation of a Safeguarding MEAL framework for the next work and key indicators for tracking.
- Contribute to the work of safeguarding behavioral change research and efforts - seeking to change behaviors that either cause harm or fail to prevent harm.
- Document evidence-based learning practices and support the creation of learning products.
Internal Liaison & Co-ordination
- Promote internal safeguarding knowledge transfer and information sharing to promote cross functional linkages and build an overall safeguarding culture across the partnership.
- Enhance opportunities for cross-sector learning including tracking developments in the field and contributing to communities of practice to enhance institutional knowledge.
- Collaborate with other professionals in the humanitarian safeguarding field and engage in working groups. Engage as a subject matter expert on safeguarding research and produce learning products promoting safeguarding developments for distribution among partners and in professional outlets.
- Keep abreast of developments in the safeguarding field, foster cooperation with external partners, providers and consortiums.
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Masters degree in business, social sciences, data sciences, or related discipline.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in International Studies, Political Science, Behavioral Science, Business Administration or related discipline.
- At least 5 years professional analyst work experience at the international level, at least two should be in the NGO, religious, educational, or health sector.
- Sound knowledge of research (qualitative analysis or mixed method) and information management (collection, collation analysis & dissemination), including demonstrated knowledge and experience working with tools such as Power BI
- Demonstrated experience delivering data analysis processes to a global organization
- Experience with quantitative analysis and related software (ex STATA, R), as well as, qualitative analysis or mixed methods for social research and related software (ex. NVivo, ATLAS.ti)
- Experience of working in a team of analysts on operational, tactical and strategic analysis projects. Ability to utilize data management software for monitoring, collating, and analyzing huge amounts of data (ex. Power BI or Tableau)
- Expertise in subject matter focusing around prevention of harm such as GBV, Child Protection, Child Safeguarding or Social Behaviour Change
- Role requires affinity with and knowledge of child safeguarding and child protection, but not necessarily previous experience in these fields.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills in a diverse and remote environment. Proven ability to work as an effective team member on a cross-cultural team in virtual settings.
- Highly detail oriented, ability to drive projects and collaborate via a remote working
- Experience operating successfully in a sensitive, confidential environment. Operates with integrity and discretion at all times.
- Able to working independently and remotely as a self-starter.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English. Knowledge of an additional language such as Spanish, French or Arabic is preferred by not required.